Car Pull to Left when break, Break Pad Problem?

FastEric

Dec 30, 2014
Car Pull to Left when brake, Brake Pad Problem?

I've experienced twice that the car will be pull to the left when I brake my car. Not moving fast. I think below 60km/h. Once from Genting going down and another time is on flat road.

What can cause this? Could it be brake pad?

I also found that my car doesn't stop fast enough when I brake my car in 60-80km/h. Is this related to brake pad. Can't remember what brand is it but was using Bendix before and really good, just much powder coming out. What do you guys say?

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I've experienced twice that the car will be pull to the left when I break my car. Not moving fast. I think below 60km/h. Once from Genting going down and another time is on flat road.

What can cause this? Could it be break pad?

I also found that my car doesn't stop fast enough when I break my car in 60-80km/h. Is this related to break pad. Can't remember what brand is it but was using Bendix before and really good, just much powder coming out. What do you guys say?
Did you check your tyres? The percentage of the thread left?

FastEric

Dec 30, 2014
Did you check your tyres? The percentage of the thread left?
It's about time to change and planning to change soon. Is this related to pulling to the left or cannot stop immediately?

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

check your undercarriage bushings eg: lower arm, tie rod end, rack end, absorber link, anti roll bar etc...
Actually when turning the steering all the way to the left in really slow speed, I can hear the "Gok, Gok, Gok" sound. Is this because of the lower arm and the cause of pulling to the left?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
It's about time to change and planning to change soon. Is this related to pulling to the left or cannot stop immediately?

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Actually when turning the steering all the way to the left in really slow speed, I can hear the "Gok, Gok, Gok" sound. Is this because of the lower arm and the cause of pulling to the left?
Very hard to say, need to get it check though. For my case, is due to tyre grip not that good but that is cuz I'm speeding and no ABS car...:rofl:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com

the symptoms if your lower arm has worn out will be when u turn a complete U-turn, your steering wont turn back into its position.

driveshaft - during pick up, the car will vibrate.

tie rod end - car will pull to one side.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Without knowing yr ride and its mileage i can only suggest u look on some item.

-check your rim,if one is much more dusty than the other side chances are your brake piston is binding.most people call it jammed caliler.
happen to me on a kenari.brake was behaving weirdly.sometimes pulls to one side and it wont stop as usual due to the overheating pad caused by the jammed piston.

-check all the bush/joint.worn out lower arm can cause the pulling to one side if only one side is worn out.on some car,the wheel hub needs to be disconnected frkm the lower arm to test for freeplay.this is what i discover with my waja,annoying tok3 sound but when jack and shake the wheel with all possible position it it quiet and no freeplay.when i remove the lower ball joint to free it from the wheel it produce the sound and the freeplay.

-tie rod.on heavier car it will produce a knock on the steering wheel when u are going through wavy road on the side.jack the front end and shake the tire left and right.sometimes the rod is good but the steering rack internal gear is worn on.common on car which is frequently driven at speed on bad condition road.

-worn out suspension causing uneven weight transfer and pulling the car to one side.

FastEric

Dec 30, 2014
the symptoms if your lower arm has worn out will be when u turn a complete U-turn, your steering wont turn back into its position.

Thanks for the tips! :)

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Without knowing yr ride and its mileage i can only suggest u look on some item.

-check your rim,if one is much more dusty than the other side chances are your brake piston is binding.most people call it jammed caliler.
happen to me on a kenari.brake was behaving weirdly.sometimes pulls to one side and it wont stop as usual due to the overheating pad caused by the jammed piston.

-check all the bush/joint.worn out lower arm can cause the pulling to one side if only one side is worn out.on some car,the wheel hub needs to be disconnected frkm the lower arm to test for freeplay.this is what i discover with my waja,annoying tok3 sound but when jack and shake the wheel with all possible position it it quiet and no freeplay.when i remove the lower ball joint to free it from the wheel it produce the sound and the freeplay.

-tie rod.on heavier car it will produce a knock on the steering wheel when u are going through wavy road on the side.jack the front end and shake the tire left and right.sometimes the rod is good but the steering rack internal gear is worn on.common on car which is frequently driven at speed on bad condition road.

-worn out suspension causing uneven weight transfer and pulling the car to one side.
Very informative! Thank you very much and appreciate!

Guest I have to send the car for check and see what problem.

By the way, found good video on checking the tie rod:

Verify Tie Rod is Worn

Going to workshop later for changing my rim and tires. See if the boss can help detect the problem or not. :)

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

But kancil and kelisa, no matte what will vibrate wor when tekan minyak :rofl:

FastEric

Dec 30, 2014
But kancil and kelisa, no matte what will vibrate wor when tekan minyak :rofl:
I think he is referring to the vibration of your driving seat? Even the safety belt buckle will vibrate when driveshaft is worn (correct me if i'm wrong). :)

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
also check the caliper..maybe brake jammed already at one side