Car body tear / crack

gIGoN

Known Member
Jan 6, 2004
Hi guys, i was looking at my car just now and i noticed there's a crack at the front panel of the body frame (the part near those radiators / behind the bumper). There's a crack and i'm worried my whole front part will fall apart.

Could you guys recommend what i should do and any workshop is good in repairing or fixing this.

Last edited:

gIGoN

Known Member
Jan 6, 2004
nope...i changed my engine (evo3) and it's been in there since 2006. Do normal repair shop could repair cracks at the body frame? if someone has done this, please let me know how much were u charged at least i could estimate my budget...

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys, i was looking at my car just now and i noticed there's a crack at the front panel of the body frame (the part near those radiators / behind the bumper). There's a crack and i'm worried my whole front part will fall apart.

Could you guys recommend what i should do and any workshop is good in repairing or fixing this.
the fix should cost u around 400-500 bucks
first things , u need to buy a new front frame , prefered evo 123
then u need to bring it to a bodywork shop who is familiar with changing it, it involves welding , etc

gIGoN

Known Member
Jan 6, 2004
the fix should cost u around 400-500 bucks
first things , u need to buy a new front frame , prefered evo 123
then u need to bring it to a bodywork shop who is familiar with changing it, it involves welding , etc
thanks fer the reply....do u know any workshop good with this? any you could recommend or familiar with the price range above...i need to send my car tomorrow bro...coz it's my daily car :(

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
thanks fer the reply....do u know any workshop good with this? any you could recommend or familiar with the price range above...i need to send my car tomorrow bro...coz it's my daily car :(
bro i m facin the same problem but mine had an accident!!! the total cost for me is 700 together wit a gsr panel!!!!! i m staying around ampang.... most body shop or ketuk shop shpuld be able to do it by the sound of it your is not to bad!..........

gIGoN

Known Member
Jan 6, 2004
bro i m facin the same problem but mine had an accident!!! the total cost for me is 700 together wit a gsr panel!!!!! i m staying around ampang.... most body shop or ketuk shop shpuld be able to do it by the sound of it your is not to bad!..........
where is the workshop bro, do u have the contact number?

Known Member
Jan 3, 2008
bro, last time its happen to me, even worst, not only the front upper panel that in front the radiator, its also crack below front panel that is near to cross member, both already weld back its crack again, so i just get a front panel from empty gsr halfcut from my friend, the only cost is workmanship at body repair shop that is near pandan indah industries area...

If possible please advise ur mechanic or anything that is need to be jack at your front car to be always jack from side of the car or at left or right side of your front car only. Do not jack your car in the front middle. Its a weak spot in the middle.

To save your cost, buy the front panel from any transplant workshop that have the empty body. i do not have the workshop phone number but i still remember where is it.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
my location around kepong......

gIGoN

Known Member
Jan 6, 2004
guys,

just took the car today....did it at thomas tmn sri muda....all i could say is that i'm much impressedwith their work, no senget, everything kawtim!....now my car is at another workshop doing my 2.2cc project haha =)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To all confirmed and and interested trackies, Just last Friday, we have achieved maximum participation limit for our morning Track Day segment for this Sunday's (May 20th) TIMETOATTACK Sepang. A BIG Thank You goes out to all early registrants and those who managed to secure their slots last week.

We'd also like to make known that there are very limited TIME ATTACK slots available, we know some of you...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience