• Replies 12
  • Views 736
  • See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Search

P

prolog

Sorry, wrong spelling for the title.. "Can't view"..instead of 'can view'

again, why can't I edit the title just like other vBulletin forums?

=====================================
Back to the main topic

It's strange..

When I open "multi-page" threads when I'm logged in, I can only see blank pages..

I can only open those thread when I'm not logged in..

why?

My profile thread setting "40 posts per page"....

Last edited by a moderator:
P

prolog

I'm a web devloper myself and administrator of several websites.

I know what the error is..

php error reporting is off. So I see blank pages. And the error is something related to page limit..

Dear Tom,

There are lotsa bugs in this forum. I think u shuld remove all the modifications and bring back the stock and orignal vBulletin which is more than stable..

P

prolog

Try setting "40 posts per page" and view those multi-page threads...

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
hi prolog

thank you for bringing this up.
we will look into it seriously and may plan to revert the templates back to the original's

Thanks
Tom

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
I think I'm having somewhat of a similar problem. But mine's kinda odd. It happens only at night. Somehow, at night, ZTH pages takes a longer time to load and the status (at the status bar below) will be stuck at "waiting for www.zerotohundred.com to reply....". After about a minute, then only the pages will load. Sames goes when I'm posting a reply. It'll be stuck for a while before loading.

P

prolog

Now i see the maximum page limit as 20..

Could you please increase it? please

It's ridiculously small..
I was using 40 posts/page before the bug came out.

I want it to be like 50 or even 100 if possible. I'm sick of clicking 'next' 'next' 'next'.. and wait for another decade for the page to load agian...

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
Now i see the maximum page limit as 20..

Could you please increase it? please

It's ridiculously small..
I was using 40 posts/page before the bug came out.

I want it to be like 50 or even 100 if possible. I'm sick of clicking 'next' 'next' 'next'.. and wait for another decade for the page to load agian...

Tom,

does this costs bandwidth? mine also same .. at maximum 10 pages only, sometimes missed out some threads.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all,

Unfortunately, many of the disadvantages we are experiencing currently are due to our moves and tweaks to gain better performance from the servers.

We have drastically exhausted the servers since the last few months. We are also planning upgrades to the servers.

Therefore, we hope you bear with us while we await this transition to happen and i can assure you Zerotohundred.com will not just return to normal.

Thanks.

prolog:

about editing titles, we have removed that feature because the thread urls are now static for better search engine rankings. So once a thread title is edited, the url changes accordingly. search engines aside, if a visitor links a particular thread from Zerotohundred.com on some website, the link will not work once the thread title is edited.

About setting it back to 40 posts, currently we wouldn't want to compromise the load on the servers.

satria95: that's funny. slower at nights? What are you using? IE or Firefox?

Sakuraguy: missing post after 10 pages or 10 posts?

P

prolog

Hi all,
About setting it back to 40 posts, currently we wouldn't want to compromise the load on the servers.

Setting to low page limit will even increase the bandwidth contrary to the myth. Visitors end up requsting multiple times for multiple pages.. The same header, body, footer and ads are loaded again and again.....

And contrary to the myth, according to the bench marks, the following mysql queries result "almost" the same speed. Differed by perhaps nano seconds..

Code:
SELECT * FROM .... WHERE.... LIMIT 5

Code:
SELECT * FROM... WHERE... LIMIT 50
Code:
SELECT * FROM... WHERE... LIMIT 100

I set the default to be 50 post/page in my forum (one of the websites that I administrator). And vistors could even set 100 posts/page.

Of cuz, the overhead of the output response is slightly higher for each page. But then the bandwidth overhead is compensated by having visitors click on less links... It clearly outweights the small overhead time.

The nett result is less bandwidth
and visitor satisfaction..

Last edited by a moderator:

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Tom,
I'm using firefox ver 5. Oh, yeah, one thing. In one of the previous version of ZTH, at the main forum page, we could choose to hide certain main sections. Like in the screen shot below, there is a little "-" in a little box on the black bar. Clicking on that allows us to hide. Previous version of ZTH used to have that in the main section so I could hide the "Hosted Organization" section, the "Supporting Merchants" section, etc. Does hiding those sections help in the loading?

Last edited:

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Tom,
I noticed the little "hide" button in the sections at the main page already. Thanks dude ! ! ! hehe Dunkin donuts on me, a dozen of `em!

P

prolog

dear satria_95,

those hide buttons are for display purpose only so that visitors could mange the contents.

They are powered by javascript, hence the loading time is the same.

A Post Every 5 Mins

hi all....

saga 1.3 mileage meter problem...... last night wat about 300km, but this morning, it goes to 3,750,000 (yup 3.75millions km :emoticon_U: ).

when turn on the start key, the milleage are keep counting backward (decreasing at high speed).....

for the rpm and speedometer pointer/needle, when turn off the switch, it falls clockwise instead of anti-clockwise (when down to the right instead of to the left)

someone knows what are the problem?......:cry_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience