Can Malaysian build 8. sec. drag car!

GaaraS-15 said:
Great... we have mad genius herre!
I thought no one would get what i'm sayin! lmao
Finally... sumone did! nyahahahahahah! hehehehe!

:cool: Hi, boy, prove tis 2 us as soon when u r still young. or else tis is just like hp gila uses 2 remind us b4:

** Talking big is the MOST easiest thing in this world especially after the few cents coffee **

force performance, since the first post from this guy i think all of us already can gauge his intelligence.... -- not his age....

DD8 Club of Malaysia ! ! ? ?

cheamys said:
Oh! Fresh engineering students, you always welcome & better joint in as our member of the DD8 [ Day Dreamer 8 sec.] club of Malaysia 1st before you dream of going into 6..

Oh! We have started our dream & already building our Day Dreaming 8 sec. dragster since the last BF goodRich drags challenge! What about you? Have you started building yours machine to achieve your dream from today onwards?

If there is a [DD8] Day Dreaming 8 sec. Club in Malaysia ?? ! ! This could be a nice place for most friends including mechanics, who always have dream and plan his drag car to go into 8 sec. in the future Sepang drags battle!

wow.. loads of conflict here.. but.. if there exist an 8 second car.. how can anyone couldnt build it? i mean.. after all 6 secs car was built by man to rite? lol.. but the prob here is if we immitate one or we innovate one.. i believe when there is a will there is a way.. further more, it takes loads of cash and effort to perform such a stunt..

wenshen said:
wow.. loads of conflict here.. but.. if there exist an 8 second car.. how can anyone couldnt build it? i mean.. after all 6 secs car was built by man to rite? lol.. but the prob here is if we immitate one or we innovate one.. i believe when there is a will there is a way.. further more, it takes loads of cash and effort to perform such a stunt..[/QUOTE

Judging from the loads of money that Proton spent on buying into Lotus, technology transfer to Malaysians isn't instant but so far only trickles of Lotus technology are found in Malayisian production cars. Cash is certainly a must but not necessary the way. It takes good brains which happen to be deeply passionate for drag racing sport and the unyielding spirit to make it. Until we Malaysian have a proper drag strip, there can never be the right environment to nurture the brains and fire the desire to turn it into a national sport and pave the way for a 8 second car to be built by Malaysians eventually.

Final 05 drag battle

Let go to watch the Sepang final drag challenge tonight.
Hope can see and enjoy most local dragsters will show their good performances.

hi,

Nice Topic here. can anyone know how fast is our Malaysia workshop done a fastest car so far in Sepang Drag Battle?

i heard about Satric can did 9sec?

HP Gila said:
Let go to watch the Sepang final drag challenge tonight.
Hope can see and enjoy most local dragsters will show their good performances.

the most local dragger had shown their best indeed ... but sad to say that we are very far away from the real world record dragger ever clock. hard to say to compared the world record drag car can clock about 5-6 second but we here in malaysia only manage to clock around 11S... can u see the different ... wow.... cant imagine if we enter their drag even of course they will laugh untill crazy that our malaysian draggers are the slowest among them ... pity us ... but that's the real that we have to face here . we don't have any support from the government to if not of course Pertronas Motorsport Team will also built their own drag machine cause they have the money to do that , but ...... what actually happen in malaysia is most of the draggest is just the normal ordinary workshop and they dream to build the fastest drag's car . but finally then we realize that we don't have the enough knowledge and lack of financial that deny what they dream of to become reality ...
ANYhow ... salute to all draggest and workshop for their time and effort to built this malaysian drag's car ever achieve ...

tkk said:
hi,

Nice Topic here. can anyone know how fast is our Malaysia workshop done a fastest car so far in Sepang Drag Battle?

i heard about Satric can did 9sec?

So far till d last Sepang 05 drag event, there is no Malaysian built dragster can go into 9 !

nobodyperfect said:
the most local dragger had shown their best indeed ... but sad to say that we are very far away from the real world record dragger ever clock. hard to say to compared the world record drag car can clock about 5-6 second but we here in malaysia only manage to clock around 11S... can u see the different ... wow.... cant imagine if we enter their drag even of course they will laugh untill crazy that our malaysian draggers are the slowest among them ... pity us ... but that's the real that we have to face here . we don't have any support from the government to if not of course Pertronas Motorsport Team will also built their own drag machine cause they have the money to do that , but ...... what actually happen in malaysia is most of the draggest is just the normal ordinary workshop and they dream to build the fastest drag's car . but finally then we realize that we don't have the enough knowledge and lack of financial that deny what they dream of to become reality ...
ANYhow ... salute to all draggest and workshop for their time and effort to built this malaysian drag's car ever achieve ...

One of the reasons why we cant be like the West is because we don't have the homegrown knowhow and technological supports. Most of the race use products are imported. We don't even have an automobile sport industry which produces significant job opportunity and contributes to the country's economy. No industry also means no advertisements/commercial which in turn means no publicity for the sport and therefore no awareness by the public and the Government on the whole. If the Govt and the private sector see no great impact to be created from this form of sport, it also means no race tracks can be built in the country. And if there is no proper venue for the sport, it will never reach greater height either.

As for big corporates investing in the sports, they are doing what the other big ones in other countries normally do, and that is, F1 and WRC. You can even find car manufacturers like Toyota, Honda, Ferrrari, etc involved in these sports for so many years. However, I haven't come across Nissan having a drag racing team and a couple of drag cars despite the success of their Nissan Skyline GTRs in the drag race arenas throughout the world being championed by people from the non-car manufacturing categories.

Fussion's Proton

:shades_smile: Can u give d fastest ET of yr Wira in d 0 - 1/4 mile drag?
[Most of us here are interested in d cheap sale 8sec. drag car only!]

Force Performance said:
So far till d last Sepang 05 drag event, there is no Malaysian built dragster can go into 9 !

i tot KL have a satric evo 2.4cc with 800whp? how come we still not able to get 9sec!!!

maybe we need to do more on the traction ?

east malaysia got a few local tune and mod car go into 10 second bracket in 400meters in legal drag race with sensor based timing.

20vturbo said:
east malaysia got a few local tune and mod car go into 10 second bracket in 400meters in legal drag race with sensor based timing.

true.. last year i saw a few got 10sec for 400meters in sepang which is linkpower skyline, acmotor sport cefiro, speed-D, Rx7 microtech and a few wiralution 4wd.

hope this year we can have 9sec car build from Malaysia motorsport.

Hi,

I'm newbie here. Just wanna ask - is the Gtech device considered accurate timer for 0-100 sprint test? I have been clocking 10.8 secs .... one fren of mine drove my Waja 1.6 manual (stock, no mod) - 9.4 secs.... told my other frens but they were sceptical.... just wanna ask sifus here is the Gtech device ok?

I intend to test my car in Nilai 3 drag track but they normally don't switch on their timers unless there are competitions....

alexz said:
i think the guys here are mostly mentioning japan/proton/import car drag. not the v8 american muscle cars. those v8 top fuel funny cars can have 2000hp and 6sec times.

if the standards are raised (tube frame, unlimited fuels) there is the need to have special regs for these cars too.

now unibody FWD turbo hondas in US able to do very low 8secs.

tube frame FWDs (like lisa kubo) are belting out 7sec runs.

oh and these cars run in different catagories...

BTW most US drag strip has concrete surface for the launch area for better grip. so the times are obviously better.

yeah malaysian can build one. but without sponsors/big prize money, who are willing to build one??
why they burnout before lunch? coz the width,big tire need heat temprature to grip the track wen they launch. not caused the surface concreate. width n heat. the tire make from special material, not same like on the road car material. only for drag racing. in malaysia no have yet supplier, supply the tire.
but im agree malaysian like me can build one. but without sponsor/big prize money, who are willing to build one. me. build fully chassis use tube frame n fully fibreglass body panel its a my dream. but need some sponsored.. expertise in fibreglass n tube frame givit to me..

maybe i can get 8sec after build chassis fully tube frame n fully fibreglass outer body panel.

bincot said:
why they burnout before lunch? coz the width,big tire need heat temprature to grip the track wen they launch. not caused the surface concreate. width n heat. the tire make from special material, not same like on the road car material. only for drag racing. in malaysia no have yet supplier, supply the tire.
but im agree malaysian like me can build one. but without sponsor/big prize money, who are willing to build one. me. build fully chassis use tube frame n fully fibreglass body panel its a my dream. but need some sponsored.. expertise in fibreglass n tube frame givit to me..

you can get mickey thompson drag tyres from high n lubricants (motul dealer) here in malaysia, or use Silverstone slicks in the softest compound. But on a normal asphalt temporary dragstrip, the times would be slower even on those drag tyres than on purpose built arenas with concrete launch areas coated with VHT grip enchancing sprays etc.

Yes for us to get those elusive 8sec runs we need to have a purpose built Dragstrip.

and now in US even a unibody (normal chassis without tube framing) FWD's now has broken the 7 sec barrier (pontiac sunfire, 2004 NHRA Ponoma, 7.883 best time)

walk the talk...

Last edited:
A4Dave said:
Hi,

I'm newbie here. Just wanna ask - is the Gtech device considered accurate timer for 0-100 sprint test? I have been clocking 10.8 secs .... one fren of mine drove my Waja 1.6 manual (stock, no mod) - 9.4 secs.... told my other frens but they were sceptical.... just wanna ask sifus here is the Gtech device ok?

I intend to test my car in Nilai 3 drag track but they normally don't switch on their timers unless there are competitions....

the drag times is the time needed to reach the end of a 400m length of straight track. the 0-100kph times are the time needed to reach 100kph, whatever the length of the road. So exit speed of a 400m (or quarter mile) drag is usually faster than 100kph.

the Gtech device is ok (but is not totally accurate), just set it for 1/4 mile times for drag, not 0-100 times.

Hope that helps...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom