ISP in Malaysia sucks dry malaysians

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
KNN our isp really make money from the users. No wonder so rich. YES is the worst quota guardian then come with the rest. P1 is the 3rd from the last after taking over by Maxis. Unify is the very last kiamsiap quota provider at the moment due to still letting unlimited quota thing to be maintain but it still have the rights for taking it back any time.

UK pound is about 1 to RM5. So calculate.

Broadband Packages – Get Broadband and Phone deals with BT.com

What is the point to have what G or what fi or what max while the quota is just enough to watch few movies?

I'm a victim of P1 cuz I signed up for 30GB when it launch and now I'm paying more and get less data. Wanna apply for fiber but all said my place no line. So the only available is only P1 or maxis. Gonna terminate P1 when I come back to Malaysia. Top up 1GB RM10 better buy pirate dvds. :banghead:

shrek

Jun 5, 2004
TM controlling the games....

so unifi still the best at this moment...

Maxis fibre also sometimes faced trouble....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
There is no such thing as "unlimited quota" in M'sia. Even with the 10Gb Unifi I'm using, they limit to 30Gb per month and then throttle you after you exceed. Complain like hell via the help line then they remove the throttle.

Maxis just rides on the fibre optic BTU that is owned by Telekom. Port 3 is unifi, port 2 is Maxis and port 1 is others. Meaning Telekom will always know which service you're on. Which also means they can throttle you and you'll screw Maxis over for slow line even though it's the Maxis server that's handling your service and Telekom providing the line. I've used both Maxis and Unifi, Unifi still is better but by hair length margin only. Maxis blocks a lot of services like port forwarding and one point even VPN. It's also throttled at night (torrenting) so you get max speed only during the day. But for some reason even Youtube gets throttled at night, which is irritating. The worse is intermittant disconnect from the line. Not sure if it's the main line or the Thompson router modem.

And Unifi - gawd.. I hate the throttling. They encourage you to use faster lines but expect you to limit your usage? Youtube alone in my family already takes up a good 20Gb per month (tested and confirmed with Unifi themselves) so I can forget about other stuff.

Does anyone know if the TV uses bandwidth quota from Unifi as well?

Last edited:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
TV doesn't affect the speed. And UNIFI doesn't have bandwidth quota, YET.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I'm using Yes, the speed is ok for me but quota is the bitch. When I use the Dongle and downloading big file (700MB+ above), the connection keep dropping. When I use the huddle, line drop problem don't have, I read some users complain the connection keep dropping on Dongle was due to the weak antenna. Then I got the Huddle XS and the problem I have when use in doors, the connection won't drop but becomes weak and slow.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
There is no such thing as "unlimited quota" in M'sia. Even with the 10Gb Unifi I'm using, they limit to 30Gb per month and then throttle you after you exceed. Complain like hell via the help line then they remove the throttle.

Maxis just rides on the fibre optic BTU that is owned by Telekom. Port 3 is unifi, port 2 is Maxis and port 1 is others. Meaning Telekom will always know which service you're on. Which also means they can throttle you and you'll screw Maxis over for slow line even though it's the Maxis server that's handling your service and Telekom providing the line. I've used both Maxis and Unifi, Unifi still is better but by hair length margin only. Maxis blocks a lot of services like port forwarding and one point even VPN. It's also throttled at night (torrenting) so you get max speed only during the day. But for some reason even Youtube gets throttled at night, which is irritating. The worse is intermittant disconnect from the line. Not sure if it's the main line or the Thompson router modem.

And Unifi - gawd.. I hate the throttling. They encourage you to use faster lines but expect you to limit your usage? Youtube alone in my family already takes up a good 20Gb per month (tested and confirmed with Unifi themselves) so I can forget about other stuff.

Does anyone know if the TV uses bandwidth quota from Unifi as well?
You are using the 10Mbps line, right? Quota is 90GB mah! not 10GB
My 5Mbps is 60GB but not slow down at the moment. My son download at night and whole day of weekend also....

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
They do la. It's just throttled. You won't get max speed after you hit it.

The TV I meant was the service Unifi provides.
I doubt it, I used more than 200GB a month on average, still getting full speed. Yes I was referring to the HyppTV as well.

MAYBE
a. Unifi has throttling and I'm good looking so I don't get throttled?
b. Unifi doesn't have throttling and you're ah beng so you get throttled?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I doubt it, I used more than 200GB a month on average, still getting full speed. Yes I was referring to the HyppTV as well.

MAYBE
a. Unifi has throttling and I'm good looking so I don't get throttled?
b. Unifi doesn't have throttling and you're ah beng so you get throttled?
wtf... in that case time to complain and bitch a bit more to the careline.

Btw, my area is relatively new so the number of Unifi users is actually less than 50. The combined shared bandwidth isn't really affected in comparison to say Bangsar. So perhaps they are more 'free' to monitor downloaders like me?

Not gay. Wouldn't know good looking even if I saw it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I got a Carvox CX-990 ( aka Radiostar King-Eagle ) 2 way lcd alarm a 2 month ago. I got it installed and it was working fine. Now it got cold the remote starter will not start. It only starts when the engine is warm. What happens wile the engine is cold is: it will crank for a second and shutoff and siren goes off at that time.
I got the system on ebay and got it professionally installed all together $300+
I took it back to the shop they checked and rechecked all connections for 2hr...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience