Can I Sell My Car ?

STATIC365

Known Member
Aug 29, 2018
SELANGOR
Hi all ,

Currently i am driving a Proton Saga BLM. Year make 2010 , Automatic.

But one day i decided to change the transmission from Auto to Manual.

So my question is , will i able to sell my car to dealer? I am planning to change car. Do i have to change back the transmission from Manual back to Auto ? since my car Geran is Auto ..

Please advice.

Thank you all.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
i need to go puspakom right ?
better call jpj to find out...

also, when you want to sell, you need to send to puspakom anyway.
best get it registered if you actually did to make sure insurance cant give you a hardtime for some reason or another.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If too much hassle, change back to auto then sell. Nowadays, I think Auto also easier to sell.....lol

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
If too much hassle, change back to auto then sell. Nowadays, I think Auto also easier to sell.....lol
This is true. Auto easier to sell, and price slightly better.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
No la. These days if you look at the piece of paper we call the "reg card" it no longer states auto or manual. I sold my auto-converted-manual and passed puspakom and JPJ without even a blink of an eye. Colour changes these days also don't need to declare anymore.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
No la. These days if you look at the piece of paper we call the "reg card" it no longer states auto or manual. I sold my auto-converted-manual and passed puspakom and JPJ without even a blink of an eye. Colour changes these days also don't need to declare anymore.
ehhh color change still must declare! that one iirc they can saman

STATIC365

Known Member
Aug 29, 2018
SELANGOR
wow ! Really? :party:

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Just to chip in my experience on conversion ...

Like sunroof.. Auto to manual there's no need to go inspection, last time u can just go over the counter and mention vehicle change to manual.

After pass puspakom inspection,my car with evo engine still registered auto. So there's no issue on auto/manual register card.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
actually, my car's manual and my reg shows auto.... but only cause the system cannot register the model as a manual.

same when i try apply insurance, it will only allow me to pick auto hehehe

but color, that one im very sure they can kacau, cause i have friends who wrapped their cars in other colors who got in trouble (single matte color wraps)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I just installed a centre bullet for my exhaust system. The guy at the shop said in order to extract n feel more power I need to change my stock muffler too. Is this true? Btw, if I want to modify my air intake system to open port type the guy said it is gonna cost around rm400. Is this a reasonable price?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience