Can Gen2 Internals Stand Forced Induction

razaksa

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
as
Hi All

To all the experts, sifus esp those from R3 or from Proton. Can Proton Gen2 stock internals withstand forced induction up to 0.7 Bar?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Maybe can wan. Must be at low boost only loh....:)

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005
razaksa said:
Hi All

To all the experts, sifus esp those from R3 or from Proton. Can Proton Gen2 stock internals withstand forced induction up to 0.7 Bar?
bro 0.7 is too high for stock engine
hypertune mag mod the ford only around 0.3 bar

DJmobile

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2003
Can boost 0.7, but not sure how long it will last you...
get a metal gasket, safer..

razaksa

Known Member
Dec 16, 2004
as
low compression piston means lower compression ratio so can boost higher. High compression ratio/pistons also can boost high but tuning must be done properly. Yah thinking of using metal gaskets but for Gen2 dont have yet.

SpeedWanker

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Also if u dont mind me adding,i believe some sort of ingnition timing controller or better still a full fledge programable control unit would be needed to cut back on ignition and to supply more fuel on boost coz predetenation aka knocking aka pinging is surely gonna kill ure engine.

cheers bro, hope the project if decided, would be a success...;)

SataniC

Old Is Gold
Dec 9, 2003
Subang
Visit site
if the engine is not 'turbocharged' when it rolled out of the factory....then the engine would need a few mods to safely turboed them wouldnt it?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Yeah, theres a lot diff between a NA engine and a TURBO wan.
The structural strenght of two engine is not same.
ECU setting and Comp ratio.

Also, you might want to take a look on the braking side also. :D

Dougster

Known Member
Jul 17, 2004
Kay Elle...
members.cardomain.com

ABout turbocharging a gen 2....just my 2 cents.....theres a guy who fully converted to the evo 3 powerplant.... and i must say it packs quite a punch....honestly, the hassle that comes along with bolt on turbos are way to much, so just get a conversion done.... :)

alien

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
kuala lumpur
Visit site
Dougster said:
ABout turbocharging a gen 2....just my 2 cents.....theres a guy who fully converted to the evo 3 powerplant.... and i must say it packs quite a punch....honestly, the hassle that comes along with bolt on turbos are way to much, so just get a conversion done.... :)
evo3 in a gen2?
the engine is placed differently in a gen2. it's like the waja where it's positioned the other way round compared to the wira/satria/putra.
Then wouldnt it be an engine from evo4 onwards that will fit inside a gen2?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i have no idea when or how this started but i'l give you a quick run-down.

the spark plug area of the 4g93p rocker cover is seeping oil. most probably from the 2nd, 3rd and 4th spark plug bolts. no crack is visible. oil starts to appear in that contained area after driving and shutting off the engine (it seems that way).

so far, here's what i've done to try and rectify the problem:

1. thought bolt threads have worn out, so changed all 4 spark plug bolts. also, these bolts were...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience