Can anyone tell me bout the different between evo 9 with evo 8..

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

mikelainerica

Dec 29, 2008
as title..i really confuse about the this 2 model and other generation too..my fren just told me that..evo10 better than evo9,then evo9 better than evo8,then evo8 better than evo7..cox new generation ma...sounds right too..but what the different?cox i'm looking for evo 8 or evo 9 recently,due to my pesonal stuff(document too weak) so delay till now havent get..but recently i already comfirm to get that evo 9 but still confuse bout the differen...scare later...you know if anything not good ,wife sure "kikikatkat":listen: around ur ear:banghead:...last time buy the atos already kena kuat kuat..sacred liao...:banghead:

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
:confused: When your friend told u 'better' ... did u ask him what he meant?:hmmmm:

andychua

Known Member
Jul 6, 2006
Sabah
Hi Bro , What I know about this evo 9 special are ....

1, Aluminium roofing
2, Aluminium Bonnet
3, aluminium side bar
4, 4 wheel sterring
5, titanium turbo fan
6, 2.0 Mivec turbo engine

That is what I know only bro, .... Cheers !! :biggrin:

wonderkid

500 RPM
Jul 8, 2005
Labuan & Sabah
bring a realiable mechanic or friends who know about evo. sure they will know if it is e8 or e9. If not just ask the MLOC member to hel ypu, there are a lot of sifu & master with their own "monster". Good luck on your hunt for evo bro

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
EVO 9 MIVEC Turbo mar...
Same as EVO 10. But EVO 10 lighter engine.
In terms of engine specs, EVO 8 = EVO 7 = EVO 6 = EVO 5 = EVO 4

Only the management, turbine, intercooler system is different.

Engine alone, they are the same.

EVO 9 is Mitsubishi first MIVEC TURBO.

Doggiestyler

Known Member
Jul 4, 2008
EVO 9 MIVEC Turbo mar...
Same as EVO 10. But EVO 10 lighter engine.
In terms of engine specs, EVO 8 = EVO 7 = EVO 6 = EVO 5 = EVO 4

Only the management, turbine, intercooler system is different.

Engine alone, they are the same.

EVO 9 is Mitsubishi first MIVEC TURBO.
Evo9 & Evo X same engine block meh?? :confused:

I think ....
Evo X is aluminium block ...4B11 Mivec

Evo 9 is steel block ... 4g63 Mivec

Corrrect me if i'm wrong ....

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Evo9 & Evo X same engine block meh?? :confused:

I think ....
Evo X is aluminium block ...4B11 Mivec

Evo 9 is steel block ... 4g63 Mivec

Corrrect me if i'm wrong ....
U have nothing to be corrected. U are absolutely right...
What I meant by EVO9 & 10 same is they are both MIVEC TURBO. If u realize, i did mention that EVO 10 has a lighter block, but I didn;t include EVO 9.

Well, to the thread starter, if u have the budget, go get the EVO 9. Well, I don't know how much the difference are, cuz those cars are still in my dream to own them... Kakaka... Cheers..

Last edited:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Well, the engine is still too new justify about the reliability when dealing with high boost. Cause aluminum block. But EVO 9 is won all the Rally last year...

I'm afraid the case is like VR4 and EVO. THough both are also claimed as 4G63T engine, however, there are ppl whom switch to VR4 after breaking the block due to high boost.

And the reliability and the toughness of VR4 is more reputated compare to an EVO. In this case, we're talking about newly built aluminum block.

Well, I'm not sure... Just my worry. Who knows if Mitsubishi have made an engine that can achieve better power with low boost sue to the dramatic weight difference....

Last edited:

bernardyeo

Known Member
Apr 4, 2007
Well, the engine is still too new justify about the reliability when dealing with high boost. Cause aluminum block. But EVO 9 is won all the Rally last year...
Let me go off topic a bit. Which rally did an Evo 9 win last year?

azizi.aziz

1,500 RPM
Jul 5, 2006
Let me go off topic a bit. Which rally did an Evo 9 win last year?
I think one of it rally FELDA...karamjit won with pennzoil evo9...if not mistaken...

Actually...there's a lot of differences between e7, e8 and e9...bodyparts, lamps , spoiler..gearbox,turbine,mivec thingy...underneath cover...rear fender cover...even door lock also...in terms of power of course wit mivec better...after mod power output is too subjective...if u plan to mod it heavily...i would suggest go for E8...modify a bit here and there then go for E9...:biggrin:

satriamerah

Known Member
May 1, 2005
All standard evo are made for better in term of perfomance ...No matter it's evo 1 - evo 10 .... it's a matter of budget , under going mod or just a normal driving car .... ask your self for what r u looking ..