Can an rsm meter be installed on carb car?

rei_ayanami

Dec 27, 2004
Need help from any of the sifu out there... need to know wheter an rsm meter can be installed on carb car?

simefly

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
not too sure about that but carb car usually does not have an ECU so not too sure where you can tap the wire too

kruger

500 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
A.Setar
you can only use the volt meter. my friend use the rsm in his charade aura g100. only the volt meter reading was on coz no ecu ma...

mie4385

500 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
PJ/TTDI/KJ
only volt ha??? how about the rpm and speed? i thought only the other sensor like balancing cant use..if like that sure rugi if buy that for carb...so sad...wanted to buy that :(

rei_ayanami

Dec 27, 2004
so that mean for carb car still can use the rsm but only volt and rpm can be used..
thinking of buying an rsm

rei_ayanami

Dec 27, 2004
just thinking only... because come to think about it again.. it's better for me to buy

5" rpm meter it'll cost me lesser than rsm

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
RSM can be installed on carbed cars. No ECU does not mean it is a dead end.

BUT in order for the Speedo to work, the gearbox must be the type that send electronic signal - or most commonly known as Speed Pulse Signal. So if you can confirm that your gearbox is the one that emits Speed Pulse (to the Speedo Console), then u can tap RSM Speed wire into it. If your gearbox is pure mechanical type, sorry speed option will not be usable at all.

For RPM, connect the RSM Ignition Signal wire to the Ignition Coil directly, usually it is the -VE part of it. This should be very easy.

Hope this helps

ahhl

Feb 19, 2005
Visit site
EFN said:

BUT in order for the Speedo to work, the gearbox must be the type that send electronic signal - or most commonly known as Speed Pulse Signal. So if you can confirm that your gearbox is the one that emits Speed Pulse (to the Speedo Console), then u can tap RSM Speed wire into it. If your gearbox is pure mechanical type, sorry speed option will not be usable at all.

For RPM, connect the RSM Ignition Signal wire to the Ignition Coil directly, usually it is the -VE part of it. This should be very easy.

Hope this helps
EFN
do you know where i can get the type that pick-up rpm signal from alternator

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
Never heard that you can get RPM reading from Alternator, RPM is always Ignition Signal Pulse from Ignitor Coil.

KeonG

500 RPM
Feb 3, 2004
K.L ®
Visit site
EFN said:

Hope this helps
Thx for the info bro.. btw, how to know whether the GB is the type of "send electronic signal"??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i just installed quickshift gear lever into my iswara, and i think the pros are:
1. shorter shift length
2. firm shifting
3. no big clearance between gears

cons:
1. use more energy to shift
2. shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear and 4th to 5th gear a bit difficult since we have to find the correct line before shifting. (compared to standard gear lever where when u free up the gear it will automatically centered itself)

what u guys think?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience