CAI (Cold Air) or SRI (Short Ram) Intake suits with Malaysia's Climate

SnooPDoGGY

1,500 RPM
Bros,

which one suits the best in Malaysia...

- Hot n Humid
- Rains a lot sometimes + mud holes n pud holes...

TQ... Cheerios...

as far as i've heard.. all intakes are ok..
there is a rumour that the hks (sponge based) intake has to be checked regularly as the climate might spoil the sponge and turn it into powder.. and once it goes into your intake..... u know the math...
as for the short rams... as long as u dun get the metal ones coz they heat up as ur engine does and u ended taking in hot air.. plastic ones will have the same effect but it's not as evident as the metal ones..

i hope i know what i'm talking bout..

Have been using CAI for a year plus, never worried bout rain or mud holes. But have to look out for flood la.
But make sure you wrap the intake pipe also...helps

seems many people prefer CAI but how can we effectively prevent water from getting in it during heavy rain beside driving slow?? My pal airtrek engine almost die as water go in his HKS short ram powerflow...

i think air intake with the filter still within the engine bay (not long pipe type with filter at bumper) is ok ler....but with proper heatshield ler....and add CAI hose to direct air to the filter....less chance the filter get wet if we hafta drive thru low flash flood...if heavy flood better dont take any chances ler....unless u purposely looking for an excuse to change to DC5 K20A engine...:tongue:

CAI all the way cuz water vapours even if they enter ur pipe due to hear of cuz this apply to small amount of water thus u REALLY nid to avoid FLOOD so no worries or wat so eva with CAI as long u dont FLOOD it and if u work hard enough u can clean it once in awhile..HMM...

WhiteSpoonCivic said:
as far as i've heard.. all intakes are ok..
there is a rumour that the hks (sponge based) intake has to be checked regularly as the climate might spoil the sponge and turn it into powder.. and once it goes into your intake..... u know the math...

Yeah I think CAI is the better choice if u can be sure to avoid floods!

about HKS, yes. Element suffers under hot engine temperature and eventually it hardens up and filtration is reduced. Workshop last time recommended i change filter element every 3-6 months. expensive wo!

bb1-man said:
Yeah I think CAI is the better choice if u can be sure to avoid floods!

about HKS, yes. Element suffers under hot engine temperature and eventually it hardens up and filtration is reduced. Workshop last time recommended i change filter element every 3-6 months. expensive wo!

for snoop, money doesnt matter... hehe

one question though even the element get hards and get suck into the engine wouldn't it melt ? looking the fact the engine is dirt hot .. u oredi can feel it on the outside is very hot when its running , inside of the the engine wouldn't it b even hotter , so even it waz to be suck it .. wouldn't it melt ? even small metal dust can get melt in the engine . before it reach the combustion area ....

is that not so ?

D_clothes said:
one question though even the element get hards and get suck into the engine wouldn't it melt ? looking the fact the engine is dirt hot .. u oredi can feel it on the outside is very hot when its running , inside of the the engine wouldn't it b even hotter , so even it waz to be suck it .. wouldn't it melt ? even small metal dust can get melt in the engine . before it reach the combustion area ....

is that not so ?

A lot of things will get melted/vaporised in the combustion chamber i suppose. But the whole idea is to get a fully clean and complete combustion minus the other particles. not too mention itll dirty up your intake manifold/throttle body.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom