Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

4age20v ISCV CAI trick

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

me2kimi

500 RPM
Before this I've recorded air intake temperature at different time and different place. And here is the result.

intakeairtemp.jpg

I've never taught temp that feed into combustion chamber is that high. So I am thinking how to feed lower air temp into combustion chamber.

Then I got this idea.

Make a CAI (cold air intake) for ISCV (idle speed control valve) and split the ISCV intake from main intake hose.

Original condition of ISCV is same as below.

iscvori.jpg

Then take another hose to make individual hose to feed air to ISCV. Put the end of the hose in front of the engine to avoid hot air from engine bay. Modified hose is as below.

iscvmod.jpg

Actual picture for the CAI that I've install is like this.

iscvcai.jpg

Ignore the cheap water hose that I've been using. This is for temporary testing. Probably I'll replace to a better hose later.

As far I've been using this mod, I can felt better throttle response coz lower intake air temp are feed into combustion chamber.

Source: me2kimi.blogspot.com

me2kimi..:top:...if u have time...try to relocate your battery..then make a long runner to there..+ heat shield plate to prevent hot air from your rad fan when its switching...from what i see now its look like hot air came from your rad fan..just my opinion..:rock:

Yes bro virqai, I've use that setup before.

DSC01991-1.jpg

Theoretically it can prevent to suck hot air from radiator, but what I've experience is this my engine are tend to choked when hi rev.
I can heard engine screamed wierdly after 6000 rpm.

To get cooler air, the hot air accumulated in the hot engine bay has to go out FIRST.
The hot air has to go, before being replaced with cooler air

Some vents @ the bonnet, in anyway possible would help in reducing the engine bay temp.

i think this ISCV (Idle Speed Control Valve) thingy can work also..

will try it later

thanx me2kimi

:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

To get cooler air, the hot air accumulated in the hot engine bay has to go out FIRST.
The hot air has to go, before being replaced with cooler air

Some vents @ the bonnet, in anyway possible would help in reducing the engine bay temp.

vents are good too.. but i think something like this is better

if got both even BETTER :biggrin:

4G13+and+4G15+modification+002.jpg

as for me.. i'm using this

d7zul-albums-the-chronicles-of-levin-picture8462-28052012.jpg

Before this I've recorded air intake temperature at different time and different place. And here is the result.

intakeairtemp.jpg

I've never taught temp that feed into combustion chamber is that high. So I am thinking how to feed lower air temp into combustion chamber.

Then I got this idea.

Make a CAI (cold air intake) for ISCV (idle speed control valve) and split the ISCV intake from main intake hose.

Original condition of ISCV is same as below.

iscvori.jpg

Then take another hose to make individual hose to feed air to ISCV. Put the end of the hose in front of the engine to avoid hot air from engine bay. Modified hose is as below.

iscvmod.jpg

Actual picture for the CAI that I've install is like this.

iscvcai.jpg

Ignore the cheap water hose that I've been using. This is for temporary testing. Probably I'll replace to a better hose later.

As far I've been using this mod, I can felt better throttle response coz lower intake air temp are feed into combustion chamber.

Source: me2kimi.blogspot.com

mekimi bro,
wanna to know what type of spark plug cable r u using. based on picture attached, without show any spark plug connect to distribute. just wanna to know how r u can start up the car without spark plug cable?:hmmmm:

I think he removed it to ease his job without the cables obstructing the way ..

mekimi bro,
wanna to know what type of spark plug cable r u using. based on picture attached, without show any spark plug connect to distribute. just wanna to know how r u can start up the car without spark plug cable?:hmmmm:

can refer HERE bro feipepe...
bro me2kimi already explained it in his blog ~
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

me2kimi,

since u have a rotational part that's unused (distributor)..

why don't u custom-made a supercharge compressor on it & u'll get a SUPERCHARGED 20V

ISCV trick never think about it...
My car setup like this...hope got freshhh air during driving...
But to many bend...which got restriction..

Attachments

• 20120614_135312.jpg
    20120614_135312.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 220

i hope u got some kind of netting on that trumpet :biggrin:

me2kimi,

since u have a rotational part that's unused (distributor)..

why don't u custom-made a supercharge compressor on it & u'll get a SUPERCHARGED 20V

Good idea bro zul, but I'll stick to NA to time being.

Bro napie, how do you route the CAI hose?

Bumper front..bend to right..bend to up..then bend to left..
Earlier tested using fog lamp area to put cai..yes..really can feel diffreant..but if i put ther waste the fog lamp..after change to current location...not much notice fresh air...

Me2 kimi i notice sumthing u not using normal plug cable..mind to share..running standalone..

me2kimi bro,

I follow ur ISCV trick & i notice that there's a hole on d intake manifold.

So, i put another air filter on it. Hehe

After doing all this i feel my car is more powerful at low rpm.

I recommend this trick to all 20valvers :biggrin:

Pictures coming soon

Good to heard that bro zul. Yes, please upload a picture. It may help others and maybe someone can mod to better CAI.

Good to heard that bro zul. Yes, please upload a picture. It may help others and maybe someone can mod to better CAI.

after u take off the ISCV hose & put an air filter to ISCV..

what do u put to the hole that's on the intake manifold? leave it like that or u put a cap on it?

p/s: sorry, no pics today.. coz my 'gigi biru' left at the office :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

oh.. i forgot to add..

THIS MOD IS FOR 20V THAT USE MAP SENSOR ONLY.. NOT APPLICABLE TO AFM TYPE..

because u'll be bypassing the AFM & ur car wouldn't start if u do that

HAPPY MODDING :biggrin:

Top Bottom