Bugatti Veyron and Ferrari F40

davidv00

500 RPM
Mar 27, 2006
Selangor

Its not a race to watch, but let us have a feel in both cars.

While the heavy Veyron with a 1000-hp quad-turbo W16 engine through a 7-speed dual-clutch semi-automatic gearbox, powers all four wheels, the super-light F40 is driven through a conventional 6-speed manual by a twin-turbo 3-liter V8 to the rear wheels. The Veyron is one of the most complicated cars ever devised, let alone produced, while the F40 was a straight-forward and brutally simple instrument.

Which would you rather have, the cruise missile or the bullet? The video after the jump might not answer the hypothetical question for you, but it does make for an entertaining view with a soundtrack of pure engine sounds unadulterated by the usual techno soundtrack.

[youtube]sx5NlVq24ME[/youtube]

I consider this professional car test compare with Mat Rempit should I?

Source: YouTube, EVO Magazine

Last edited by a moderator:

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Both.....in PS or in dream...hahhahaha...:marchmellow:
Nice info dude..

KSL

500 RPM
Nov 6, 2004
Subang
Visit site
definately F40! veryon is a car granny can drive down to the market with 1000hp and more gadgets than there ever should be in a car (might as well put a pinball machine in while they were at it). besides, 1000 hp is errr... not to say that it isn't a bloody rocket but seriously, quite a few cars are running that or a lot more. bravo to bugatti tho, reliable!! but standard service = USD 15,000. hahaha, i rather my car break down and replace the parts, at least paying to play lego with d car. hehehe...

KSL

500 RPM
Nov 6, 2004
Subang
Visit site
koenig 550 all d way!!! :D V8 twin-T. down tuned to 860whp. optimal tune - 1270whp. front engine, rear wheel. full car 900kg. YUUUMMMMYYY :D

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
No disrespect, but unless you have balls of steel, I reckon you'd be going , "MUUMMMYY" instead.

Anyway, the Bugatti isn't full of gizmos on the inside, unlike some German uber saloons. In fact, the interior is rather simple (if posh) looking. What it is, is an engineering tour de force. One in which you can go flat out and go "Wow" instead of wetting your pants, like you would in the Koenigseggggggggggggggg.

The F40 on the other hand is an Icon, with a capital I.

KSL

500 RPM
Nov 6, 2004
Subang
Visit site
not the koenigseg. i mean the ferrari. well, modded ferrari basically. hahaha and yea, you win. had a go at it and yep, at about 220mph my throttle leg was very very very very very very reluctant... the model i got to drive was a track spec version so there are no pannels... the wind goin through the air ducts sound like a guy prying away at a piece of the car... hehehehe. not so practical for goin to work with but very nice for when there is the need for that "i'm goin to DIE!!!" feeling :D never got a chance to drive/ride/be in an F40 but yeap, definately a collectors!! but with the F series, they are all super supercar like. very very very wide and errr, basically 2 parking spaces. but from that category if i were to chose, definately koenig F50. don't think i'd ever get to drive one but people say it is really a piece of work. handles like a dream bla bla, surprising as it is running a very basic system.

then again, i'm just a old school tech kinda guy.. hahahaha. my oppinions really shouldn't be taken into account as i think (as much of an engineering marvel it is) the tesla motor cars don't deserve to be called cars bla bla ramble ramble. hahaha. if i had all the money in the world, i'd be driving a dauer. hahaha. *air conditioning (another one of my issues :P) is not what makes a car!! hahaha, i actually do drive without ac *took it out* in malasia for 2 years now... this country is hot as hell itself but hey, ac takes away driving pleasure (maybe not so much in traffic) but just oppinion....
:D

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
EVO UK editors prefer the poised ferrari F50 amongst the ferraris tested. granted the 360,430,512, 612, enzo all have their case on the best ferrari made but a good read (EVO ferrari supercar test) on supercars test shows why they value the very rare F50.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
not the koenigseg. i mean the ferrari. well, modded ferrari basically.
LoL...my bad, thought you meant the Swedish headcase supercar.

then again, i'm just a old school tech kinda guy.. hahahaha. my oppinions really shouldn't be taken into account as i think (as much of an engineering marvel it is) the tesla motor cars don't deserve to be called cars bla bla ramble ramble. hahaha.:D
I sort of agree with you. i certainly appreciate mechanical engineering in a car over the electronic engineering in it.

kol_m_53100

Known Member
Feb 21, 2006
Z-Tune 34 & Gallardo...Practical in all ways...Functions in every motorsport discipline

Snipermc

Dec 5, 2005
I will go with the Bugatti cos with all the money in the world, why not spend it on a car that not much people have... since it cost $ 1.5 Mil compare with the F40... make sense rite!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

to all sifu...
im still new in DIY, im trying to DIY a strobe light recently...
im facing a problem...
my car is wira, how can i get the wire into my car to put a new switch into the dashboard...
i found the firewall there but cant find la...
any1 have experience pls help me
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience