bringing a gsr satria back to life

Q Ho Lee

From Facebook
there is this satria i could get a hold of.. which has been abandoned for bout 3~4 years but i dont know if it'll be worth it.

its got preety much no interior, there seems to be a piggyback ecu (e-mange) and the engine seems to be a 1.8 gsr turbo(not entirely sure.. could be a hybrid:hmmmm:)

but what i want to know from all the sifus out there is what do u need to change/fix/whatever to get it back in good running condition? and around how long would it take? how much would it set me back??

thank you in advance :adore:

depends on how much u buying the car
if got standby 10k do xtrerior n interior then should be nice

what about suspension/tyre/batt/lubricants?? or the bearings or the engine or the tranny?? no need to change or overhaul? thats what i wanted to know..

but thank you anyways

u need around 10k...no need to change anything first...let it run first...

hmm... 4yrs never start the car.. put new battery and some fuel in.. the car can drive??:hmmmm:

yup best thing to do is to start the car. see from there, any knocking sound or weird sound... but for suspension and tyre is a must to change... timimg belt and all, engine flush, radiator flush, compreser, alternator, also check the wayaring...

yes that a better question... anyway if u wan swap wit my 1.8 na engine la.. provided the engine has all the doc...

yes that a better question... anyway if u wan swap wit my 1.8 na engine la.. provided the engine has all the doc...

i think your engine faster than that gsr engine le....u spend so much on your engine edi....
:adore:

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

from my point of view, its no point reviving it, it will costs u a bomb,
y not get already modified GSR.....just buy & drive....

sifu sifu here very keng... havent see the car condition can estimate how much u need to restore the car....

i think your engine faster than that gsr engine le....u spend so much on your engine edi....
:adore:

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

from my point of view, its no point reviving it, it will costs u a bomb,
y not get already modified GSR.....just buy & drive....

where got bro.. biasa saja... somemore got knocking sound. haven check yet also. think must overhaul already.

skywalker.. assuming the car was in good running condition before.. how much would it be?

and to others the car was a road car on its way to becoming a track car.. but project got cancelled and its been there since...

take a forman to the car and see the cond, if like this is just a guessing game... we cant give u an amount... easily from 5k to 15k depand on wat u wan to do wit the car...?? it left outside under the sun and rain or covered in a garage????? engine standard or been mod???. how cheap is the car now/???

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

i also agree wit DANZ, better to get a mod running cond.. can drive it and see if u like it or not....

going to go see the owner on friday with mechanic to properly inspect the car and negotiate a deal with him to see itll be worth the effort money and time.

thank you to all those who commented and i will keep you guys updated!

thank you danz, hopefully everything will go well, cheap price and the car is in good condition.. then ill only need to spend little bit:biggrin:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom