Brake Pin Noise Problem

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Dear all,

I have this problem here... Any advise?
Everytime I brake there's this sound like "ngek ngek" from my front left brake caliper. I sent it to the mechanic. Took long time and a few visits to the shop to find out the problem. At last, he said "okay already. No problem. Just serviced the brake". It will be okay for about 1 - 2 weeks then the sound will return. I sent it back 3 fkin times and he did the same thing. Serviced brake. At last, I got fed up and said can you just change whatever parts that needs to be replace? I don't want to return every month. Each time service brake is RM30. He said okay. Next visit, he will change the "brake master kit #$%%^&@@#$" or something like that.

At my next visit (2 weeks ago), he said no need to change the "Brake master Kit" thingy. He found the problem to be the brake pin. When braking, the friction from the pin travel creates that sound. Damn irritating. So as usual, he serviced it again and said no prob. He even changed my brake pad and said that the new brake pad might be better and the pads are new and thick, thus reducing the sound. Now it is after 2 weeks, the fkin sound returned.

Can anyone advise what actually is this problem and how to solve it please? Anyone got experience? Thank you!

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
go to another mech. get a 2nd opinion. it's obvious yr being played at the current mech.

another thing that just came accross my mind...only have this sound when hi speed braking or when u feather the brakes?

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2006
i had tat problem before... very simple just apply some silicone on d stark bolt evry thing will just fine.. but make sure d silicone is use on windscreen type.. which is black color...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
have u serviced your brake pump lately?
the pistons might be jammed.

cos i serviced my pump due to jammed, 1 mth later jammed again. reservised.
till today no problem.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
have u serviced your brake pump lately?
the pistons might be jammed.

cos i serviced my pump due to jammed, 1 mth later jammed again. reservised.
till today no problem.
Don't think it is brake pump la... that sound...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Veloc,

kindly share which shop/mechanic you went for the service.
The shop... Called "Hap Seng Heng" or the new name "Otospa" in kota kinabalu sabah. They are big and famous. Charges are reasonable. They are the sole agents for 76 motor oil, dealer for kayaba, gates, etc... A lot of OEM for proton, toyota, honda and other common cars. Haiz... But sometimes... You see...

Having said that, they are already better than most "rip-off backyard don't-know-anything" mech here in sabah.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Mirasong... Thank you for your suggestion...

Today I brought the car back and told the foreman who is a friend to help me re-do for free since i visited 5 times and spent almost RM 250. He said okay... This is a nice guy who can be trusted. Always service my car and my dad's car. I did ask him to put some silicone as you advised. He said okay he will try but not sure if it will work as he never used this technique before. He then delegated the job to another foreman as he was busy.

After the other foreman told me it was done, I went to test it. That half-past-6 foreman quickly went back in... The sound was still there... I was going to give up... So I took a video of the sound in the workshop's carpark thinking to post it later up here.

At this point, my friend came back and saw me... He asked how was it.. i said still the same... but i told him it's okay I am just recording the sound to ask opinions from a friend. He then asked me to wait a minute and he will do it for me himself.... So fine...

After that, he came out and hand me the car... He completely disassembled the calipers, cleaned it, regreased and put silicone. Then he said sorry because in the beginning when he asked another foreman to handle, he didn't know that that bugger is not willing to do it. He just drove the car around and handed my car back to me and told me that he done it. Fk that bugger!

Well, now my car is okay... Have to wait for a week and see if the sound comes back... I will upload the video of the sound later...

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

Here is the video of the sound sample... In real life, it is much louder and can be heard clearly from the cabin...

YouTube - Brake Noise.MPG

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
tell him when u jack your car & remove your tires.
turn the wheel, see if there still sound anot...

remove everything including the calipers, turn the wheel again, if there is still sound, remove the discs. slowly remove the braking system until the sound dissapears.

then slowly reassemble back parts by parts till the sound appears.

by then u know which part is the culprit.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
got put some greese on the caliber pin cause my myvi also face same probelm one,
after put this now no more problem liao
This is a way different problem man. That's because of freeplay due to deformed caliper pins and incidentally the grease is only temporary.

Veloc, do you think it might be the rust inside the piston that's just causing metal rubbing metal issues?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Iszo, I don't think so... I think its the brake pin friction. I did what brother mirasong recommended. That is, I asked my mech to put silicone on the pin. Up to today, the sound didn't come back. Before this, the mech keep applying grease but after 1 week, the sound sure come back. I think it's because the grease will eventually fall off or dry up. But this silicone thing really seem to work.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If it's silicon grease, it'll dry up too. But pin making that kind of creaking noise is freaky. Is there any rust at all in the whole caliper setup?

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
check wheel bearing...base my experience my bro vios...also got noisy when slow move,after that few week slow or fast speed also noisy.ask some mechanic,some say engine mounting,some say front shock abs.....walau,i took 2 month to check,normally check with testing drive during weekend as i and my bro off on weekend sat and sun.from morning to afternoon test drive round round klang town.finally,stop at any shop for lunch then continue do.sometime we really need try wahtever we r not sure where niosy come,just try part is impossible happen.so i plan to replace front both side wheel bearing...go to spare shop buy part and change by self...save lot lo if DIY.lucky,my first try is correct,noise gone.no more noise :proud:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
If it's silicon grease, it'll dry up too. But pin making that kind of creaking noise is freaky. Is there any rust at all in the whole caliper setup?
No rust woh...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Personally, I'd jack up the car, take out the wheel, have someone press the brakes and look at the caliper and what is causing the sound.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Personally, I'd jack up the car, take out the wheel, have someone press the brakes and look at the caliper and what is causing the sound.
That is the best lo if got time... But for me arr... Haha... I don't think I dare... Later don't know how to assemble back. Don't know complicated or not... Not expert in this lerr....

amir_tengkorak

Known Member
Jan 18, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
my satria also like this..
waiting for the wheel tercabut only now..
same case as yours.mechanic say nothing wrong and when we test it,there is no sound at all..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
That is the best lo if got time... But for me arr... Haha... I don't think I dare... Later don't know how to assemble back. Don't know complicated or not... Not expert in this lerr....
It's not that hard la. Gotta have the right tools though.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all,

I bought over my elder brother's Honda accord and wanted to remove the body kits, do you know any shops in Klang, Shah Alam or Subang area where I could safely remove the body kits without damaging the paint job?

I'm not planning to DIY the removal as I wouldn't want to ruin the original paint.
Estimated price to remove?
Can I trade in the body kit as we'll?

Thank you for your recommendations in advance.
Regards,
Acer1810
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience