BOT (Bolt On Turbo)

I think you no need to change anything but adding thing only. If want to hassle free just standby 20k and find a reputable workshop to fix it. Now day BOT kit can find easily.

guys, im driving honda civic eg with D16 stock engine. thinking to get a low boost for my car.. could the low boost make as soft turbo like those luxury car? in term of more power i expect to save fuel... thinking to boost maybe 0.3 bar or less than 0.5 bar. what do i need to change? im not a person who like to race, just wish to get better fuel consumption and slight power increase:adore::burnout:

Plonk in a management and get it tuned. There u go.... U better fuel consumption and slightly better power and response... No turbo required

Plonk in a management and get it tuned. There u go.... U better fuel consumption and slightly better power and response... No turbo required

but my civic engine no power... 15 years liao.... top overhauled.... still so so only... thinking of getting low boost turbo.. 0.3 bar... bov plus power increased... nice... hehehe

but my civic engine no power... 15 years liao.... top overhauled.... still so so only... thinking of getting low boost turbo.. 0.3 bar... bov plus power increased... nice... hehehe

aranny2001,

Before go for BOT project, pls make sure that your current engine is in healthy condition.
Just to avoid any hassles issue during BOT.

Good luck...

aranny2001,

Before go for BOT project, pls make sure that your current engine is in healthy condition.
Just to avoid any hassles issue during BOT.

Good luck...

healthy condition? at least some example or coverage to refer... thx:biggrin:... im still making decision to choose either BOT or swap a B16A engine into my EG9~

Hi sifu-sifu, pardon me for asking a noob question yea. Does a bolt on turbo decrease the engine life? The other day I was told that it decreases the engine life rapidly, it could be true based on common sense. But I'd like to hear from those that have installed a BOT in their cars. Cheers!

Hi sifu-sifu, pardon me for asking a noob question yea. Does a bolt on turbo decrease the engine life? The other day I was told that it decreases the engine life rapidly, it could be true based on common sense. But I'd like to hear from those that have installed a BOT in their cars. Cheers!

BOT with proper tune up and parts, engine will be in good condition, BOT without proper tune and parts, and hell driving like nuts, yeap..it will kaboom in no time.. :flute:

this is an interesting thread and i hope the fellow bros here can assist me in my query.

I'm driving a Mitsubishi lancer cs3 (4g18) and I intend to do a custom td04 turbo kit in JB. But I have not much idea as to where can I do it. I went to HV racing but the price they quoted me was pretty high.

I was thinking of trying out visworks at permas. I know many years ago they were v popular. But recently not much news of them. can't seem to find much feedback on them. Any bros here have any review with visworks? Good/bad?

Or do u guys have any other alternative advices would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks alot!!

ah... icic... so technically speaking their workmanship should be still good?

Just that they don't focus on drift n drag scenes? Hence we don't hear much of them??

would like to ask if after bot i want use back previous owner setting just copy the setting from his e-manage?

Last edited:
would like to ask if after bot i want use back previous owner setting just copy the setting from his e-manage?

I dun understand the reason for saving RM300 and risking ur engine as turbo/engine spec might be same but differs in condition. It will turn out to be completely different in tuning.

For the e manage n emcon question. U can even tune emcon with emanate software.

i want to get BOT for my kenari auto 1.0cc,

after reading this thread, sum of u say its ok to install if u install other performance part too,
so, if i just install this on standard engine, and drive like a uncle(or old people), is it still gonna damage my engine? (but still pecut2 sumtime just wanna showoff, hehe)

hello ;)
currently im running with 1.5 auto swift BOT ;D ..
after 1year plus ive got no problem at all..even my fuel consumption seem like better than previous

bro can u share wth us what have done to ur ride... ie: turbo, management, FR regulator setting, fuel pump. injector, piston and head...what kind of modification do u have.. another how much u boosting?? normally if boost more than 0.6bar the problem for NA engine is knocking, fuel supply, sensor cannot see boost signal when boost kick in the ecu cut fuel. and very high compression....

bro can u share wth us what have done to ur ride... ie: turbo, management, FR regulator setting, fuel pump. injector, piston and head...what kind of modification do u have.. another how much u boosting?? normally if boost more than 0.6bar the problem for NA engine is knocking, fuel supply, sensor cannot see boost signal when boost kick in the ecu cut fuel. and very high compression....

so far im running with standard 1.5 auto tranny and just bolt on HKS turbo kit stage 1,set at 0.25 boost coz previously this is my daily car,so no need higher boost..can increase to 0.6 maximum with standard piston/head..for ecu im using emanage ultimate rrp super ecu tuned for swift just plug and play,few thing to add on later like fuel regulator,fuel rail kit,fuel pump,and bigger cc injector ;) ..just minor turboed swift..