Boost Cut?

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Guys, need some advise here ...

Yesterday while testing car at the highway I'd dail up my boost a notch higher to 1.0bar. I normally run on 0.8-0.9bar.... but just want to test higher pressure for a while.

4,000 rpm ok ...... 4,500 rpm :lol: .... but then around 5,000 rpm .... nothing happen, the engine like died and come on again in a split second. This is the dreaded jearking lah .....

Anyway, I was told that I need a FPR to up the fuel pressure... as the ori one is maxing out. However, I suspect that the RB25 fuel pump is acting up and not supplying enuf fuel at high rpm and at higher boost. At 0.8bar everything is ok, but at 1.0bar <_< ....

Should I get a new fuel pump or go the FPR route?

FYI, I'm on 1.5mm Metal Gasket, EVO ECU, 450cc injectors and a TD05H and the infamous RB25 fuel pump.

Need Advise Bruuddeeerrrsss ... Thanks

come we go get walbro's lar bro mebe get group discount lol

Question, wouldn't u be eliminating boost cut when u install an afternarket boost controller? Because u will not be u sing the stock boost sensor. If OEM boost sensor not connected, the how the ECU know that u r overboosting therefore stops fuel supply to the engine?

Urm... think I'm losing fuel pressure at high end :( so run lean... and = jerking..

Still scratching my head here ... SAFC is adjusted on the high side too!!

Dolly, we get Danny and a few others lah ... I'm interested :unsure:

Zaki... I think u r correct.. my mech seem to believe that this is the problem too? and asked me to get a E3 air flow. Any remedy or recipe!!! for this :P

Thanks bro

piggyback + turbo module
thats how i fixed my boost cut lur...
mine also AMM maxed out when it has too much air entering >5v
then it cuts...

i had the same symptoms as u... initially i thought it was my walbro255 pump konk or my FSE FPR gone... end up it was just boostcut. bah!

ps mine is not mitsu engine ler...

alucarD, whats your engine already eh?

My vr4 200 also no boost cut at 1.3 bar.

However if u don't have a FPR, it is advisable to get one as different pumps have different pressure, u will need to calibrate the pressure. Mine only costs RM150 including installation, so far it works fine.

Double dang.... Danny, RM150 for a FPR and include installation? I wan I wan :o ... I'm on a 4G93T... using EVO turbo, wiring and ECU.

I think I might me maxing out my MAF and the stock 93 <_< regulator ... so these two will go, once I find suitable ones...

DJ, me using Sard R2D2... Urm, dont think its leaking....

yea 150 is for the regulator but not including meter, I added a meter for RM130, quite a big one so it's easy to view during tuning. I think it's with a 60mm face. DMT had a hard time tuning my regulator previously without any meter because they could not tell the exact pressure, only lots of guess work.

If you intend to get an Evo 3 MAF, just a word of caution, you will need quite a lot of additional fuelling, because of the increased airflow. Previously when I was using an Evo 3 fuel pump and 4g93p MAF, my low throttle settings was -40%, when I changed to Evo 3 MAF, it needed to be re-adjusted to 0% during low throttle and +29% at high throttle, and I could only boost up to 0.8 bar before leaning out due to insufficient fuelling.

Dunno if i'm right... so don't flame me... but it could be fuel cut rather than boost cut. From what I know, turbo cars have fuel cut to avoid overboosts.

Try checking out the HKS FCD... that might be the solution to your problems... just trying to help out man.... dun flame me! dun flame me!

Thanks Danny :D , I will watch out about fuelling... Think shouldnt be a prob since I'm using d EVO Ecu. Found the E3 AF already!!! :lol:

Hmmmm, really interested on the FPR. What brand? RM150 for all including the adaptors, hoses and clips??

Alvin, apprecaite the feedback.. we all learning here so dun flame flame... Hmmm, looks like I have to install the piggyback on my desk .. heh heh..

You can call my mech for more details - Ali 0122203122 from Prodrag. Just let him know that u want to ask about fpr which is the one I'm using on my wira.

alucard,

okok if we get, get around december, need to get somehting done b4 i wanna upgrade my fueling

BTW ... Anyone, knows the market price of a brand spanking new Walbro 255??

I also having this jerking problem when I boost 1.1 bar.... guys, do let me know when you guys getting your stuff... I also wan...
Barb-

btw on hypertune mag, n1 racing had an advert about this external pump going for 580 or something, forgot what the lph was tho... lemme go back n take a looksie. anyway, has anyone tried it? made in japan smore wor, how reliable isit?