How to boost higher ??

ja50n

500 RPM
In order to boost higher, do i need to ch the fuel pump and other stuff or not ?? if yes, wat other stuff do i need to ch. Now boosting at 0.6 . thx alot.

Depends on boost pressure you're targetting.

In most cases, you'll need

1. Bigger turbo (optional, depends on boost)
2. Higher capacity fuel pump.
3. Higher capacity fuel injectors
4. Metal gasket (optional, for insurance, depends on boost)
5. Bigger intercooler (optional, depend on boost).

yah lor wht joeker said is true
we need to know ur boost aim
and what car u running on with wht engine.
details lar abit , then only got semangat to give u some info hehe.

Oppssss....I forgot the most important thing.

Engine Management.

Well actually it depends on boost pressure too.

THe higher you go up, the more crucial Management becomes.

1bar i guess it would be fine with just the boost controller
and maybe a simple safc to control your fueling
just get a dyno run to see if knocking occurs and if u r running lean
if you are running lean then u got to change your fuel pump and maybe the regulator.
more than 1bar wouldnt be safe without a metal gasket

1 bar? evo engine almost no prob wif 1 bar.

1.2 also no prob . 1.2 pehh best 1.3 more bes hehe. but dont always push.

u only need;
1. boost contr- apex avcr/hks profec B/ manual others brand/ tulang ikan-so cheap
2. boost meter- must have
3. exhoust temp meter - to measure ur lean or rish fuel.

that all.
btw, my friend want to sell Greddy boost meter n exhoust temp meter - both have memory n EL screen. interested see my advert at my signature.

exhoust temp r very2 important meter to measure ur tune/setup.
if ur ext temp indicated always warning... its u will may to;

1. buy adj feul regulator.- tune the fuel press......rm350-450
2. get Air fuel contr- exp... safc 5 button...rm450
3. if ur ECU canot boost up higher then what ur aim- buy HKS fuel cut la- 250
4.if after tune still not enough?.... maybe u need bigger fuel pump then bigger Injecctor
5. still wan power? bigger ur turbo
6. want more? like others said..... need metel head gasket for secure high boost to boost.
7. not enough? u will need new engine management- preffer HALTECH- anuar motosport pon pakai.
8. lagi?............. if u have big factory... ur factory maybe will close..... so many modd wif turbo engine... till world end.

heheh

mine also 1.1 bar je... hehe. standard. not strong but enough la to eat sometime.

u want to up boost higher than std.. for chipers..using fishbone"tulangikan" manual boost controller.. but don't over boost .. if overboost ..your engine kaput... hehehhe

ja50n said:
evo 2 engine lor..... now boosting at 0.6 bar.
aiming maybe at 1 bar. now everything is stock.
1 bar? the simplest setup; get `tulang ikan' and adjustable fuel pressure regulator. do air fuel ratio tuning to adjust the pressure for FPR.
to fine tune you need at least 5 button AFC or SAFC and also do air fuel ratio/dyno tuning. no need engine management, no need bigger turbine, no need metal gasket (1 bar still can cope), no need to have EGT because it can't really tell you exactly whether you're running rich or lean. Once it is correctly tuned, the engine is safe to drive daily.
you don't have to buy bigger fuel pump UNLESS your fuel pump cannot support. You will know your fuel pump capability after you do air fuel ratio tuning/dyno. BUT you won't lose anything if you buy one.

Last edited:
Get a good metal gasket. My friend VR4 RS stock with Ralli Art metal gaster can go for 1.2 bar. But must always check the water reservoir... incase all dried up. :)

Top Bottom