Body Strengthen

jinkl

4,000 RPM
Anyone knows where i can do body strengthening
i was quoted 1.5k by a workshop in ss3
the price was for removing my engine from my bay
spot welding my whole bay , dashboard area , left and right side till the back , rear area even near the petrol tank , wht do u all tink ?

are there any other way to strengthen ,
only thing i have now is UR bar for fenders , front strut and rear strut
rollcage of cos i cant , road legal issues

I think if already have all those bars equipped, the only way to strengthen the chassis further is by spot welding them, since you mentioned that rollcage is out of the point.

I dunno about the pricing, but I know that WRC motorsports in Sg Buloh does one helluva excellent job in spot welding. You might want to check them out.

i always wonder if this really works? i prefer to add in bars instead of welding. after they fit the engine back wrongly then problem.

johnsmith : of cos engine removal is done by ur mechanic , only the welding part is done by the shop , tow the car there

I heard someone put rollcage in the car n went to a fibreglass shop to cover it up... just like stock OEM plastic panels complete will roof lining.

wah
jinkl let us know after u spot weld it with picture and comments...sounds expensive

abc can oso lor
bt accident means u no helmet, u oso R.I.P witht the rollcage hehehe and ppl at back seat confirm face broken lolx

Doink : yeah sound expensive, bt a must to do ready , my front chassis is cracking up

Wah your car must be a monster.
Do you think the car will split into 2 if you didnt spot weld.

Actually its more of a double seam weld and you can also have it cross stitch but then again the car can't be sold after that because of Puspakom. Furthermore the cons of having the car doubled seam weld is that if you ever get into an accident the car would be totalled without the possibility of having the chassis pulled back because it has already been strenghten. WRC in Sg Buloh is known for its reputation but AZR racing in GlenMarie also provide that services. This is mainly recomended for rally car if you are ever into that. All the best.

Vey much indeed. I'm not sure what it weights without a roll cage but with a roll cage its about 1.5tans or more depending.

Careful with those shops without experience with welding equipment. My fren's car last time was sent to do spot welding. The welder didn't have experience and my fren ended up with more holes in the car body. The intense heat of the welding torch melted the steel body!!! Just check the shop's rep before giving them the welding job.

jin's car seriously need some chasis strenghtening lah...so fast...put roll cage also lah jin...every sit edi cannot tahan woo,,

HI guys, just try autofoam race formula from KL auto, look for Desmond. It will stregthen your chassis and reduce NVH, trust me it works, I just did it last week.

kacw said:
HI guys, just try autofoam race formula from KL auto, look for Desmond. It will stregthen your chassis and reduce NVH, trust me it works, I just did it last week.
how much u did urs??... i planning for my tin milo iswara chassis... i think the improvement will be better off with such soft chassis like iswara... haha...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom