Body Kit

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

David_SGTi

Known Member
Aug 15, 2007
Hi guys, Good Day!

Just want to ask do you guys know where to do body kit like plastic? i dont know what you call that but i have seen some of the car like evo and M5 do it...is in black but plastic look alike....

David_SGTi

Known Member
Aug 15, 2007
PU? i dunno wor....but the black colour body kit is not like ciplak type...is very smooth yet not very black...

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
its ABS i guess , and its not cheap
gonna cost u a few thousand for a set of bumper, skirts n lips ,
first of all u need to make a mould , mould is not cheap, already few thousands
then on its not so expensive, bt if ur just gonna make for urself, then forget it , if u gonna design n produce ur own branding then go ahead

Jan 11, 2009
hey i'm planning to DIY a body kit for my university project. But i know nuts about it. Can someone help? pls

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003

civic EdGe

Known Member
Jul 27, 2006
From the info i have sourced, seems like:
1. make the mould from some kind of foam
2. shape and sand it till u have the shape u want
3. lay fiber sheets on the mold, mix with resin and let it dry
4. repeat until u have sufficient layers of fiber
5. finish up with a layer of "filler" and sand till perfection b4 spray painting

Is these correct? Need some advice from DIY kakis that is experienced in doing this...
Might consider this as a DIY project when have free time...:biggrin:

*Please do not follow the steps i have stated above to start a bodykit business coz not really confirmed by expert yet.. later bankrupt..:rofl:

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Can use wire gauze as a support for the fiber ?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
Can use wire gauze as a support for the fiber ?
yeap... mold it inside the fiber... this will increase the material strength... but it doesnt stop it from cracking during accident... fiber is still fiber... it is not flexible material like PU which can bend so it wont disintegrate during an accident...

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
yeap... mold it inside the fiber... this will increase the material strength... but it doesnt stop it from cracking during accident... fiber is still fiber... it is not flexible material like PU which can bend so it wont disintegrate during an accident...
Yeah , just replace the use of cement into fibre ya..hmm , renshen , could you try dying this for your project?:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have a question to all car experts here and need your advice.

My Waja has been very faithful and little problem until recently. I noticed that when driving under normal conditions, suddenly the car will be jerking, with experience like loss of power. Full press of the accelerator will may the car jerking more, and light press (of accelerator) will be less jerking, but the problem is still there.

Strange thing is this problem only occurs when the fuel gauge shows that there is 1...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience