BMW Welt (World) Opens

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A

After 6 years BMW has finally finished construction on BMW Welt (World), which opens to the public in just a few days. While serving as a center point for everything that is BMW, this unusual eye-catching building is a clear example of progressive architecture combined with modern design and engineering.
<object height="360" width="500">
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dSuvep7ctBw&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

In addition to the various presentations, multi-media displays and exhibits about BMW cars and motorcycles, the main function of BMW Welt is to serve as a highly personalized delivery point of new cars to their owners. For an added touch of exclusivity, only customers picking up new cars will have access to the Car Delivery Center. From the press release below, “Here, customer cars are presented on no less than 20 turntables and ten panorama pedestals, waiting for their new owners. From here the visitor has an exceptional view on the public days of the BMW Museum, the BMW Plant as well as the BMW Building and Double Cone.” Through this dramatic delivery experience BMW hands over 45,000 vehicles per year in addition to the 850,000 visitors.

Other sections of BMW Welt include the Events Forum for concerts, exhibitions, conferences and live transmissions, as well as receptions and seminars, BMW Individual Exclusive Area which presents the color ranges and material options, The Bistro, Junior Campus for ages 7 – 13, Technology and Design Studios and Lifestyle & Original Accessory Shop amongst others.

After 800,000 hours of planning, 120 architects and engineers collaborating and 15,000 completed plans, the Munich Olympic Car Park was demolished on August 1, 2003 to make make space for the construction. From July 16, 2004 when the first stone was set, until the final interior touches ending in June 2007, BMW Welt will be open to the public on October 20-21, allowing visitors to experience the facilities prior to their actual start of operations on October 23.

source : BMW Welt (World) Opens

HIGH RES images : Motor Authority » BMW Welt megastore opens in Munich today

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

At about 4.00am this morning, I was awakened by my alarm sounding. Icon on my radiostar showed a break-in. I peeked outside and there it was, a GTi right beside my car, outside my parents house in Kelana Jaya. He looked at me before speeding off. I went outside to investigate. He left a still burning cigarette on the ground.

I could not disable the blaring alarm. Captor called several times and I returned call to report the attempt.

The passenger side door assembly was broken and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience