Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

best all round tyre

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
RE001 - wet = not very good ya. correct me if im wrong, but to me, it hydroplanes pretty easily. but other factors have to be taken into consideration.. like alignment, balancing, tyre pressure, bla bla bla...

my verdict: dry= nice, wet= drive carefully

i had used T1R, AD07 and R1R....
to me, if u really wanna tyre dat perform well in WET....T1R will b the one...
but T1R all tend to "makan tepi" no matter how u jaga ur alignment n balancing....threadwear 280....i use almost 1.5yrs till the side almost finish but middle part still looks ok....used it for track after dat.....

as for R1R....the dry grip is so much better than T1R and AD07....wet is not as good as T1R but definately better than AD07....but good enuf for me....as i dun drive fast on heavy rain.....but normal wet road without puddle of water it's still good.....threadwear is 140, but i've been using for 1yr edi....abt time to change....just checked the price last week...RM320/pc for 195/55/15.....R1R terbalik wif T1R, the middle part will wear off faster....

of all 3 types i used, i;d say AD07 wear off much evenly....but its the most noisy among all....doesnt perform well on wet.....n dun grip as good as R1R on dry....

just a note, i do tyre swap, alignment n balancing every 5000km......

i had used T1R, AD07 and R1R....
to me, if u really wanna tyre dat perform well in WET....T1R will b the one...
but T1R all tend to "makan tepi" no matter how u jaga ur alignment n balancing....threadwear 280....i use almost 1.5yrs till the side almost finish but middle part still looks ok....used it for track after dat.....

as for R1R....the dry grip is so much better than T1R and AD07....wet is not as good as T1R but definately better than AD07....but good enuf for me....as i dun drive fast on heavy rain.....but normal wet road without puddle of water it's still good.....threadwear is 140, but i've been using for 1yr edi....abt time to change....just checked the price last week...RM320/pc for 195/55/15.....R1R terbalik wif T1R, the middle part will wear off faster....

of all 3 types i used, i;d say AD07 wear off much evenly....but its the most noisy among all....doesnt perform well on wet.....n dun grip as good as R1R on dry....

just a note, i do tyre swap, alignment n balancing every 5000km......

wow~ thx alot for ur info bro~ this really help! now i need to choose again!!! between T1R or R1R lolz~ hahahahaha~seem like R1R is the best... as long i drive slowly on wet...but... T1R lifespan is longer rite? refering to ur info u used T1R for 1.5 years and R1R last abt 1 year...

and somtin i dun really understand..."threadware is 140" wat this mean?

bro JINEIL...my fren is using now...overall he said ok la...quiet n acceptable grip....but if in WET....still the same....not v confident....to me....watever tyres oso wont perform on wet....especially with our weather here....suka suka heavy rain....n also the drainage of our highway....suka suka got water puddle in the middle of highway..... but RM250/pc for 195/55/15....i;d rather pay RM70/pc more for R1R....

bro Alex...not a prob...sharing is caring....of course the T1R will last slightly longer as it has higher threadwear...but once it "makan tepi" till the thread left 1-2mm...u edi no heart to use edi....n also...once u reach 50% threadwear....it doesnt perform as good as it used to b in wet....

threadwear i guess is to tell u how fast the tyre will wear off...but we normally use it to know on how grippy will the tyres be....heehee....somethin like the faster it wear off....the grippier it is...

the choice is urs...to me...as long as the tyre can last for 1yr....then its good enuf d....how long u wan to use a set of tyres??? use till the rubber all hardened then throw it away mer???

btw...another thing to update....R1R hav softer sidewall compared to AD07...but harder than T1R....AD07 is the noisiest among all....

bro JINEIL...my fren is using now...overall he said ok la...quiet n acceptable grip....but if in WET....still the same....not v confident....to me....watever tyres oso wont perform on wet....especially with our weather here....suka suka heavy rain....n also the drainage of our highway....suka suka got water puddle in the middle of highway..... but RM250/pc for 195/55/15....i;d rather pay RM70/pc more for R1R....

bro Alex...not a prob...sharing is caring....of course the T1R will last slightly longer as it has higher threadwear...but once it "makan tepi" till the thread left 1-2mm...u edi no heart to use edi....n also...once u reach 50% threadwear....it doesnt perform as good as it used to b in wet....

threadwear i guess is to tell u how fast the tyre will wear off...but we normally use it to know on how grippy will the tyres be....heehee....somethin like the faster it wear off....the grippier it is...

the choice is urs...to me...as long as the tyre can last for 1yr....then its good enuf d....how long u wan to use a set of tyres??? use till the rubber all hardened then throw it away mer???

btw...another thing to update....R1R hav softer sidewall compared to AD07...but harder than T1R....AD07 is the noisiest among all....
thanks a lot bro...:adore::adore::adore:
indeed... agreed to ur point... thanks again bro...:adore::adore::adore:

Adrenalin RE001 @ 320/pc
last close to 2yr/each...
done 140km/h++ in very heavy rain... still drive fast in rain...
only use this tyre, before this it's GIII...
Bridgestone all the way...:proud:

if i were to choose over s.drive, gsd3, ps3 and t1-r, it has to be the michellin ps3.
but i'll reserved my comment on this coz' tyre subject can be quite subjective; depending on individual preference and driving style.

hmm... this thread seem like half death ler... dear all sifu's~ pls make this thread sexy~

pls include all the tyre u know for best all round performance prefer 2or3 model for each brand

Bridgestone
Continental
Dunlop
Falken
Federal
Goodyear
Hankook
Kumho
Maxxis
Michelin
Nexen
Pirelli
Silverstone
Toyo
Yokohama

for those who use any kind of tyre be4...pls tell ur experience...so we can discuss with all sifu here why it's best all round tyre...

Best all round tyre can be split to 2 Category now... which is Best all round for Budget and Best all round for Performance

Best all round tyre means
- Performance under Wet / Dry condition
- Durability
- Dont incude Semi Slick / Slick tyre
* Preformance tyre like Potenza/Advan Neova also consider as Best All Round(Performance) (dun beliv a? try this tyre on wet and dry then u know)

wet means wet surface, water level below 1/4" inches... thats wet... more than 1/2" inches, thats flood dy...

so far the best tyre i ever used..for 17/45 215 in terms of quiet, good performance, good wet grip and cheap is maxxis victra i pro...but threadwear is fast....30k wit it...

after tht used federal 595 ss...good overall performance except it is noisy...

Tires I've used

RE01R, best all round tires, too bad the price went up the roof, and I didn't want to spend more than RM500 per tire. Now no longer made, superseded by RE11. This was absolutely the best semi slick tire in the wet. Used for 6 months, sold along with my rims.

RT-215 used two pairs for 50,000Kms. Slightly less than 1 year.
Now superseded by RT615, nice dry grip, horrible wet grip, even when new. Driving these tires in the rain is plain scary. 100UTQG means this tires is grippy, but wears very fast.
RT615 price is more than RM500 now.. so not buying the newer model unless it comes down below RM500 mark.

AD07, one pair only. one of the best gripping tires for the money.. sucks in the rain tho.

Using Bridgestone RE001, went through 8 pieces already. in two years (currently using this, means the current 4 out of 8 is on my car, almost botak.. :P )
Quite neutral, quiet, and yes, shitty in the rain, once 50% wear reached aquaplanes easily., else is so so... I've used better wet grip tires.
wears quite fast considering the 200+ UTQG rating. But considering the price, I'll put this under best all round tyre on a limited budget. I'll buy it again, but going to try BF goodrich g-sport during this rainy season.

T1R, one pair only.. didn't like it's dry grip. wet grip okay.
For rainy season use only.

R1R very good dry grip, fast wearing, wet drip lousy, it's closer to a semi slick than a street tire, the 140UTQG is kinda obvious.

BF Goodrich G-Force Sport.. anyone tried before I buy this tire?
UTQG 340, but Dry AA, Wet A?
Must be hard wearing tire.. but review says wears quite fast? (O_o)

Probably will buy only one pair for rear, then go with R1R for front.

Last edited:
anyone know where i can still get Goodyear F1 GSD3? I've been getting mixed responses from tire shops; some say no more (not in production?), some say hard to get but dunno why...etc..

thanks

Oh! this is a very old topic....
Best all round then should be mid range tyres. Entry level more suited for durability, comfort and quiet. UHP and Max performance will be geared more to traction and performance, that is where the middle category comes in.
Currently, should be tyres like Yokohama C-Drive 2 or Advan dB V551, BS GR-90, GY Efficient Grip, Toyo C-1S

Top Bottom