Autofoam For Chassis

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Opt-ion

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2006
Hi all brothurhud, ask ask u guys anyone who had tried or any recommedation about this product? Does this stuff works? or is this just a gimmick? Jus want to ask some opinion before i go to it...
If anybody who is considering about getting it pls let me know that we cud get it in a bundle price.

Neway this is the webbie pls chx it out

http://www.autofoam.com.my/

Thx u bro

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
from what I've heard.. it's some form of chassis stiffening material + soundproofing..

but from what i've heard of the cost... I'd opt for spot-welding for stiffness..

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
of course.. but foam not so heavy..

spot welds also minimal in terms of weight.. but your car will feel stiff as hell.. a friend's subaru sti after spot welding was really stiff.. can feel the difference before and after.

Thinking about doing it b4 for the whole car... but thinking of carrying passengers once in a while.. not worth it.. I only did a bit on the front end at the crossmember area.. the rear is left alone, although I'm thinking of it once I finish my B20B. I'm using only stock bushes and a suspension that's not the pillowball type, but people riding think it's pillowball.. :P The only thing different is that there's not much squeaks or noises, apart from the engine moving on it's mounts during on/off throttle.

The R bushes that came with the knuckles really stiff... after 30K kms.. there's still no noticable play (although the knuckles are second hand) and there's no alignment issues, apart from the rear driver side camber, which has something to do with the chassis itself, not the knuckles, bushes or the type R upper link. Hopefully I'll get this fixed when I get around to spot welding the rear end.

Last edited:

suprememilkman69

Apr 30, 2005
how about those auto foam those industrial aircon uses?? i've seen them mixing it n pouring into those aircon ducts???

Opt-ion

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2006
If u guys are worry bout the weight, I can say it's not heavy. It's the weight of lifting a piece of styrofoam in the same amount of foam is pump into ur car...
My concern is do these foam actually stiffen the chassis!!!

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
im not sure whether the foam will actually 'stiffen' the chassis. but for sure you will have a smoother and quieter drive as it will insulate all the sounds. meaning no squeaks n rattles and better audio output.

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
Foam are hidden between the pillars. Good for street and friendly to JPJ roadblocks. Rollcages not so friendly :p

Opt-ion

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2006
I had called up the autofoam. They have 2 packages.

a) The sport package is RM120
Include 2 dr panels, 2 seatbelt panel & 2 winscreen panel.
b) The ultimate package is RM190
Include all mention above + chasis under carriage. (not sure wat's dat)

Anyone who is interested, pls do let me know I'll try to suggest a Honda team price since there are the Vsixer's price... hope we can do it in a team.
PM012-2299 102

tlyeow

Known Member
Oct 24, 2005
I am interested!... Please let me know if there's a group price!

2nd2none

Known Member
Sep 13, 2006
Guys,

The foam r actually injected into da hollow area of ur car chassis. It will feel up those hollow area and once dry out, the foam will be harden n hence stiffen the chassis. I've seen those foam been feature in those Best Motoring, It did da job of stiffen da chassis.

Opt-ion

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2006
tlyeow said:
I am interested!... Please let me know if there's a group price!
I'm sure we can get a club price, provided we can gather more people. At the moment you and me only 2. Where are u from btw? Maybe we can meet up 1day n check it out.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sifu sifu, my car's windscreen is cracked, the rift is around 4inch. Is it possible to fix?

I stay in subang, or maybe damansara or sunway got good "pakar cermin" ?

Any sifu can intro?

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience