Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

Anyone using Re-Chip ECU?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

jasonlel

Known Member
Anyone using Re-Chip ECU? Like those stock ECU rechip with panspeed or knightsport chips....

i would advise against re-chip ECUs.
Yes they do work better with the stock car and is cheaper. But when you start modifiying your car. The re-chip ecu is good to an extent and can not be re-tuned when you have added or remove part of the car. I would choose a piggy back or better yet a standalone. There are lots to choose from From Apex'i PowerFC to Motec . there will be one for every budget , well most of the time :P.

Im using Redom ECU, which i think its rechip by re amemiya. its not suitable for single turbo and like our fren say, it cant be retune easily. Thus im going to change to PFC soon. Not sure to choose PFC or HKS FconV

ok i think im going to barge in here

there's two side about rechipped ecu,one is well ..the bad side as you all pointed out,it cant be retuned easily.So progressive tuning (adding new parts and tune accordingly) is out of the picture.

But there are some people (old man) who wants the car to be as near stock as possible on the parts.With the rechipped ecu,we get more power/torque/ anything good under the sun using stock parts.

The best reason for someone to use rechipped ecu's (Re's Super REDOM) is definitely because well..its tuned by Ama-san..hehehe (near perfect) and also its without the..sppedoooocutt haha

You gotta understand,there's some people who wont upgrade extensively,some just want a simple upgrades that unleash more horses and thats about it.

yea i get wat u mean diablo, depend on the power you want rite, but most of fd now runs without cat and the exos already modded and air filter also modded. these few r most common changes. so if ppl with little changes perhaps can go for cheaper alternative like rechip ecu. mine no choice leh, think the redom not sufficient for my single, thus i need to dry my wallet to get the pfc which i have more control over it.
im letting go my redom once i have the pfc installed and run smoothly.

cheers buddy :)

Diablo - I would like to think that the Redom Chipped Ecu is the best but well it is not. For a Stock Car( no mods what so ever) , yes it would be a good thing. If you chipped your car with all the mods you are ever gonna do to it , it would be a viable option. Can you honestly tell me that their is a FD owner in the world that has not changed/modified their FD ..hehe..

Didn't anyone tell you horsehpower is addictive ..hehe.. Once you have some , you always want more :P

quixeric - Remember to get a good man to tune your FD. It is all about the tune. I have yet to hear of a good tuner on this side of the pond but things may change with the advancement in motorsport S.E.A More grassroot type activities aka your johore race series , clubman racing will surely bring the standard up as the need for it grows bigger :)

IF you are planning to do more then just a rechip upgrade then dont do it.

Theres no best ecu,i did say Super REDOM is near perfect,well they did R & D for it ok? and theres no replacement for R&D

I still say rechip is a good idea for those who dont want to mod their cars to higher extent

By the way, where are ya from?

SomeGuy_sg said:
Diablo - I would like to think that the Redom Chipped Ecu is the best but well it is not. For a Stock Car( no mods what so ever) , yes it would be a good thing. If you chipped your car with all the mods you are ever gonna do to it , it would be a viable option. Can you honestly tell me that their is a FD owner in the world that has not changed/modified their FD ..hehe..

Didn't anyone tell you horsehpower is addictive ..hehe.. Once you have some , you always want more :P

quixeric - Remember to get a good man to tune your FD. It is all about the tune. I have yet to hear of a good tuner on this side of the pond but things may change with the advancement in motorsport S.E.A More grassroot type activities aka your johore race series , clubman racing will surely bring the standard up as the need for it grows bigger :)

Actually I wanted to get a ECU like what Glen had use before, E.g. KnightSport ECU.

I'm not sure if it is a rechip of a stock ECU. The only function that interest me is it is able to inject more oil to lub the rotors which aftermarket ECU can't do it. Unless like Diablo said, feed FD with some 2t oil :p

Diablo- :P you are right about that ..hehe..

Jasonlel- If you just wanna do that , you could just premix. There is a thread on that on the board already.

guess what... i'm almost stock.. other than the intakes and exhaust downpipe midpipe and hoses...

still running stock twins...stock apex seals :P

cool... i'm getting my REDOM soon... hopefully it works well on my ride...
that's the max that i'm going for... nothing fancy... nor any more bhp out of it... looking for 280 on wheel that's all i want.. :P

probably in the track day... i would be the slowest turtle around.

hehe, im still supporting the sg guy... u will get addicted to the hp. i guess if u r still new wit the car, toying wit the current hp is more than fun. after a while u were thinking ur car hp has drop, but it didnt. its bcos your reflex tune to the power of that car and if u want more fun and statisfactory, u will likely to tune abit by abit until the ultimate --> single turbo, or perhaps --> nos
:p hehe

yuppy u are right, but sometimes premix is troublesome... :p

SomeGuy_sg said:
Diablo- :P you are right about that ..hehe..

Jasonlel- If you just wanna do that , you could just premix. There is a thread on that on the board already.

Anyhow is a fact that tunable ECU is always the ultimate choice laaaa.... You can have variable settings.

But then again, bear in mine that a good tunner is needed. Again, this is another story.....

quixeric said:
hehe, im still supporting the sg guy... u will get addicted to the hp. i guess if u r still new wit the car, toying wit the current hp is more than fun. after a while u were thinking ur car hp has drop, but it didnt. its bcos your reflex tune to the power of that car and if u want more fun and statisfactory, u will likely to tune abit by abit until the ultimate --> single turbo, or perhaps --> nos
:p hehe

quixeric- Not really ;) some are very happy with about 300+ hp ..hehe.. Look at bestmotoring. A 600Hp skyline jacked by a 380hp Rx7 in the unlimited touge class..hehe.. Still loving that video.The skyline was by MCR and the Rx7 was by the RE - Amemiya.

hmm similar to Initial D then haha....
Thumbs up for RX7, that RE amemiya is 20b engine rite NA

A Post Every 5 Mins

Greetings,
This powerful Land Rover Discovery 4 was awarded The Autocar Awards in 2011 as the winner in Luxury SUV Category. It's advanced technology keeps the driver connected with the road and provides a more engaged and entertaining drive. Upgraded suspension geometry gives outstanding car-like handling and off-road driving agility. Getting behind the wheel and heading for the open road is pure pleasure.

The Discovery 4 sets new standards by harnessing the very latest innovations for...

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom