Anyone try this b4?

moppy

Known Member
I see some old post asking turbo charge the local SOHC Local 4G92, in proton's.

Below are the original specs that I've found in the net.

Local 4G92, (from the web, didn't remember the site)
Piston size 81mm bore x 77.5 mm stroke
Compression ratio: 10.0:1

4G61T (from 4G61t.com)
Piston size 82mm bore x 75.7.5 mm stroke
Compression ratio: 8.0:1

Does the local 4G92 will fit the 4G61T piston? If not I think oversize of 1mm need to be bored the block. I believe that 4G61T has a stronger piston.

What will be the compression later?

Anyone try this b4?

4G92 can use back 1.8 GSR turbo pistons...plug and play oni, coz' the bore size is the same. Not sure what your compression will be after that.

In general, turbo pistons are stronger than n/a ones.

if you overbore the 4g15, then will the combustion chamber cylinder wall be too thin for the force induction?! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by alvin24@Aug 21 2004, 05:33 PM
4G92 can use back 1.8 GSR turbo pistons...plug and play oni, coz' the bore size is the same. Not sure what your compression will be after that.

In general, turbo pistons are stronger than n/a ones.
The engine block is still the local proton 4G92, ain't strong enuf for long term turbo, small time 0.2-0.4 should be ok, but still the engine won't last long without proper tuning. Safc ? Haltek ? Boost controller, ETC ETC. without these gadgets, the whole engine might go off without warning.

Another solution is to get a whole bolt on turbo kit from apexi, blitz, hks, cost a bomb, but definitely will run better.
I doubt it's ez to find a whole kit which blots on to a specific car tho.

I remember the price quoted by Garage R Singapore is about RM 15K for blitz/apexi turbo kit for proton / mitsu NA engine. They even recommend Mitsubithi more than proton for the bolt on kit.

I don't want the GSR cos I hv a junk 4G61T piston with me.

Originally posted by moppy@Aug 29 2004, 11:43 PM
I don't want the GSR cos I hv a junk 4G61T piston with me.
Oh, 4G61T duno can fit or not then............. got a manifold handy too ? Hehehe.

Btw, if your kit works, i'm curious bout the performance. Coz i got a 4G15 DOHC 16V which i'm thinkin either i should turbo it, or just leave it standard. Been havin lots of temptations of havin it turbo charged, but i just can't forget the nightmares i heard from people which turboed their N/A engine.

However, i see lots of successfull stories of turbo kits on N/A from overseas tho.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom