Alternative engine for Proton Savvy

fukushinx

From Facebook
May 15, 2011
www.facebook.com
hi guys,

For the intro, my sister in law have a Proton Savvy AMT and currently some part of the gearbox is not working well and after asking for the replacement parts @Proton service it costs around RM9k. So I'm thinking of suggesting her to just swap the engine into other alternative engine since the current engine maintainability is quite high.

So the question here, what are the available engines that can fit into Proton Savvy? Legally endorse of course. At the moment thinking of swapping the CAMPRO 1.3 into it but does it OK with JPJ / Puspakom?

thanks a bunch.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
if it just gearbox why not trying to look around for continental halfcut???

savvy's engine and trans comes from renault....and i heard there's some turbo model available and possible to fit in savvy :biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
how about 1.5turbodiesel engine from renault kangoo?? :biggrin:

fukushinx

From Facebook
May 15, 2011
www.facebook.com
thanks for all the reply and suggestion guys. i don't have much knowledge in European cars engine but i'll try to do some research about it.

at the moment i thought i wanna suggest my sister in law to just swap with CAMPRO 1.3 engine from Saga BLM since the front chassis is the same with Savvy. but i'm not sure about the mountings. plus the maintainance also must be quite cheap. further more I'm thinking to put 4G93T engine into the BLM :P (btw the saga BLM is my 2nd ride)

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
thanks for all the reply and suggestion guys. i don't have much knowledge in European cars engine but i'll try to do some research about it.

at the moment i thought i wanna suggest my sister in law to just swap with CAMPRO 1.3 engine from Saga BLM since the front chassis is the same with Savvy. but i'm not sure about the mountings. plus the maintainance also must be quite cheap. further more I'm thinking to put 4G93T engine into the BLM :P (btw the saga BLM is my 2nd ride)
me think it involved a lot of work... the plan to put CAMPRO 1.3 were scrapped early in the design stage, that's why they put in Renault D4F.....

witch13

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
seen savy convert to starlet turbo engine including endorse ..belong to a women if i not mistake.. do it at a workshop at gombak.. change engine coz the savy engine blow..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can i actually know wat is the use of installing fibre hood???

is it can absorb heat?? or juz a decoration???

fibre is it very crispy??
thx for answering:adore: :adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience