Airtrek Injectors

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

carnetics

Hey dudes another question. Other than STI pink injectors, what other injectors are direct bolt on for air trek? There's some Evo 8 ones for sale but not sure.

Hey dudes another question. Other than STI pink injectors, what other injectors are direct bolt on for air trek? There's some Evo 8 ones for sale but not sure.
I'd be interested too.

Just about to upgrade to TD04HL-19T and reckon the fule pump and injectors may need an upgrade soon...

I have just bought a set of these for my Airtrek. does anyone have the latency / scaling settings?

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

STI Pink Injectors....

Same I just received my injectors today. Are you doing fuel pump as well?

Yeah, got pump today, injectors are in the post :biggrin:
I'm getting a stainless 2.5" front pipe and centre pipe with custom metal substrate cat made at the weekend - I already have the Apexi cat back system. The Innovate Wideband is also in the post....

The TD04HL-19T turbo also arrived this week, I am told it is 30% extra airflow and the stainless manifold is on its way.

Happy to share notes on the latency settings, scaling should be 479cc according I am told.

Loads to do :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Posted by GregM on EvolutionM

I'm about to change my 1100cc for some of the STI pinks again. I'll be maxing the pinks out, but the 1100cc deserve a better home in my evo.

The STI's I had set up last as :

Scaling 479

Latency
4.69 = 6.12
7.03 = 3.96
9.38 = 2.136
14.06 = 1.056
16.41 = 0.696
18.68 = 0.096

Yay! thanks for the scaling numbers. I'm going to order my evoscan cables soon. Need to find out where in my car that I can connect it and start playing around.

Why did you go for a 19T instead of a TD05? I was going to do a 19T but alot of people did the TD05 so I followed suit. Any particular reason? Also, did you buy the turbo brand new? I know Kunigawa does a TD04-19T.

Yay! thanks for the scaling numbers. I'm going to order my evoscan cables soon. Need to find out where in my car that I can connect it and start playing around.

Why did you go for a 19T instead of a TD05? I was going to do a 19T but alot of people did the TD05 so I followed suit. Any particular reason? Also, did you buy the turbo brand new? I know Kunigawa does a TD04-19T.

Hi, I went for the 19t to minimise lag but also because I didn't want to mess around with slimline fans, new exhaust manifolds etc. but also so that it looks the same to the casual observer :-)

I got the Turbo new from Kinugawa, about 600 AUD.

The flow is not too different from stock TD05 and with my 260 Tomei Poncams and the other bits it should give me the power I need.

Get the Openport 2.0 cable direct from Tactrix, it is cheaper than anywhere else and use the OpenECU software for programming, Evoscan is best for logging, although the openport 2.0 cable can also log.

I got 25% extra fuel economy out of my Airtrek by some mild tuning. I'd be happy to share anything I have learned.

The OBD port is right under the steering wheel.

Also, take a look at EVOLUTIONM.NET I have a thread running on Flashing Airtrek Turbo, I have learned heaps in a very short time...

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Just fitted the Walbro pump... Got the Evo kit and it wasn't as straightforward as I thought it would be...

The pump body is slightly longer which means that the rubber cover won't fit properly. Also the bottom white plastic cover won't fit over the fuel filter without minor modification, due to pump length. The electrical connector that came with it needs to soldered to the stock one.

All in all, not a big deal but I like perfect jobs and I was less than satisfied with my workmanship...

Last edited:
Is a bigger pump really necessary? Send Chubster an email I think he used a 180lph pump maybe that one fits better.

I am completely new to tuning as a whole. I was told to get the Evoscan cable. DO you use that as well?

I bought the 255lph pump as that's generally the way to go. it really wasn't a bog deal, it is just that I am a perfectionist :biggrin:

The Evoscan cable is basically the same thing as the Tactrix cable. The OpenPort 2.0 is the latest and it works with Evoscan.

It is the only cable I use at present, although I am waiting for my Evodroid to be delivered which uses a different (android datalogging) cable.

Just get the tactrix openport 2.0. The reflash connectors for mitsubishi don't work with the airtrek BTW (you will need to do some mods)

Are you referring to the $11 thing they sell specifically for mitsubishi? What do you mean by mods? If thats the case, would the Evoscan cable fit directly without any mods? And which evoscan cable should I be getting? Apologies for so many questions. I'm just trying to get my head around this. I downloaded the large PDF file on ecuflash but its hard without actually looking at any hard data

Evoscan resells the Tactrix cables, they are same thing. Just get the Openport 2.0 :-) direct from Tactrix it will arrive in 2 days...
The $11 thingy is exactly right, waste of time for an Airtrek (no-one makes one) just wire up a micro jack plug to a bullet connector (this plugs into openport 2.0) and vampire tap a wire with the other end of the bullet connector to the green wire in the Airtrek white reflash connector. It is not as hard as it sounds...

No problem about questions. Happy to help...

I got 25% extra fuel economy out of my Airtrek by some mild tuning. I'd be happy to share anything I have learned.

Which maps did you play with to achieve this? just fuel and timing? Are you running open loop full time or are you running an aftermarket wideband with narrowband simulation and running leaner than 14.7 during cruise?

I'm about to convert to a TD05 too but have been playing in the meantime with economy tuning but I havent had very good results with economy.. it seems to be getting worse!

Firstly knock elimination, then fuel maps and a few other minor tweaks. My measure for fuel economy is on longer runs at 100-110kph and not too scientific. I used to get from home in North Sydney to my cottage in Anglers Reach NSW snowy mountains on a full tank, running on vapours... About 470km. (12.7l/100km) Now I can get there on 3/4 tank approximately (9.6l /100km) Around town it's no better...

The fuel maps are very rich and simply by leaning out maps in the higher end of the maps has helped. I have also leaned them out in the spool up area.

No real changes re open loop and using atock O2 sensor although wideband is going in soon but only for AFR logging...

Happy to share maps if you PM me.

180lph hp units fit snug. I purposly went this way to avoid mucking about trying to fit the 255 in.

Did you ever fit the STI pinks?

I have not got around to it yet but got some more latency settings from a guy in Moscow...

STi pink: scaling 513, latency base 0.528 (or 22 in uint16), battery latency 6.12, 3.84, 1.608, 0.96, 0.672, 0.432, 0.24

Hey bro. Poacher is helping me with the install and the tune next Saturday. I'm not sure which scaling settings he will be using. But what is the benefit of the 429 vs 512? More flow? I was told that making the injectors work at 80% capacity is better

I think it is injector specific, I think every install and tune will be different for the scaling.

Latency should be similar I think but this is one area of the tuning that I have left alone until I get the new turbo, evo bpv, apexi intake, etc. all set up correctly.

The injectors are gathering dust until that's all done, I was just curious to see how you got on :)

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

So where in NZ are you?

Again, just curious. I left there 5 years ago (Wellington)

I think it is injector specific, I think every install and tune will be different for the scaling.

Latency should be similar I think but this is one area of the tuning that I have left alone until I get the new turbo, evo bpv, apexi intake, etc. all set up correctly.

The injectors are gathering dust until that's all done, I was just curious to see how you got on :)

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

So where in NZ are you?

Again, just curious. I left there 5 years ago (Wellington)

He in Albany, i am out West Auckland. I think Russell? is in Wellington i bought some king springs from him, he is running td05 also...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom