airtrek having temperature issue

yes... best is to upgrade the entire cooling system which I am planning to. Oversized aluminium radiator, bigger fan, lower degrees thermostat and fan controller. It'll benefit bigger turbo setups too.

haha.. 2.2L for me? no la.. cannot afford :P

oversized wheels? maybe 22?

If only you can remap for me ... *sigh* thanks for the confirmation bro.

sigh~ if only bro stamen had done the software test earlier by a few days... :bawling:

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

tested. it is controlled by ecu and can be changed.

test was done on stationary condition, warmed up the engine until around 88c (which is the lowest threshold on the ecu for the fan settings).

my stock fan setting in the ecu only will run the fan once the temp hit 94c, which was correct, neither the fan were moving around 88c.

then i changed the settings to run the fan once the temp hit 88c, and confirmed; the fans were moving.

From the pic, the changed figure "30" is in percentage?

why is that bro? did you just change your fan?
at the moment i can only assume 30 is a percentage, and i think i will never be able to confirm that.
the only test i could do is to change it to 100 and see if the fan runs faster.

yes, i already did the bypass using other source of fan switch (earlier kick in), though my original one not spoil yet. Quite a time consuming work when the electrical mech did the wiring. I wanna achieve earlier kick in of the temp but was told it cannot be done on ECU intially when i ask the mech. T_T

Ah Wah told me I need to change a fan controller to switch the fan on at a lower tempreture too...

just fyi.

i just did few tests again about the ecu fan setting, here's what I've found:
- the fan speed setting min value=30 max=100. i tried to set it as 100 and it was really fast and quite loud, even still spinning for 1-2 seconds after i turned off the ignition key (turbo timer was off)
- if the 88c (first row) had a valid value, the fan was moving even when it was started from cold (20c ambient temp) - I set it as 0 now, as i dont need the fan moving all the time.

attached is my current fan setting. i only changed the first column in the 'stationary' table. 'moving' table fan has never been changed.

Attachments

• screenshot.30s.jpg
    screenshot.30s.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 98
Ah Wah told me I need to change a fan controller to switch the fan on at a lower tempreture too...

Yup. The key thing mentioned was the stock fan switch easily spoiled which he had encountered numerous cases. In the case i do consider that stock parts should be very expensive to be replaced.

can the fan controller malfunction be detected by OBD2 scanner?

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

i even saw there's an aftermarket fan controller "shadow" brand from taiwan. is it reliable?

Top Bottom