• Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Bad^kokan

Known Member
Dec 10, 2003
Regnarok
www.xitami.utb.cz
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

decide adding a Air fliter..on my car..

but..does it any effect anything?after install it?(i am driving Auto)

faster?backup speed?

makan minyak?

anyone can guide me some??

oh and?how much does it cost?actually?

with a branded one or none?
any effected oso?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
adding ? you mean changing rite ?
if using open pod filter, make sure its away from hot area in the engine.
go for branded wan, tose cap ayam will do more harm then good.
branded will cost like RM200 to 300.
can feel a bit lighter on the accelarator. Depending on wat type of filter u are using.
Backup speed ??? :blink:

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
from wat i xperience...HKS power flow is better than APEXi power intake...dont shoot me if any off u think tat APEXi power intake is better...

its base on my xperience wit those 2 filter so i think HKS power flow givs me better power

L2TurboFool

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2004
Visit site
easy answer,
changing air filter = better intake
better intake = better power but with a lil higher fuel consump.
but its better u change ur exhaust to a suitable size for optimum intake and exhaust for ur engine.

XoXO

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
yong5290,
it's true that the HKS mushroom filter gives you more power...at an expense of degree of filteration. the apexi one gives better filteration than the HKS. just so you/everyone knows. :)

Bad^kokan

Known Member
Dec 10, 2003
Regnarok
www.xitami.utb.cz
..thx guys..

hmm..i got one more question..

how abt i install those non-branded one..like around 90-100+ like that?

is it good too?

L2TurboFool

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2004
Visit site
er..might haf a bad quality filter and might do its filteration job well...so...i would NOT recommend la..if u want power..just save up and get a HKS one..might cost more...but u'll be happy

stormlcc

500 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.beastarkaraoke.com.my
agreed on whatdamn and L2TurboFool, if you want more power, go for HKS, if you want average on performance and filter, get apexi, protect your engine more...and please consider changing to bigger piping....make air intake of your car and outputing exhaust gas equivalent to each other. :)

or if you prefer a budget air filter, get a cheap filter that looks similar to the HKS filter (the round shape one), keep the plastic cover (outside) and throw the spunch (filter element iside the plastic) away....then buy a geniune spunch from HKS (should cost you around RM100), so there's your 50% HKS and 50% chap ayam filter....the most important thing is the filter element only...

mirage2929

Known Member
Dec 5, 2004
among all filters, HKS sound is the sweetest. However its filteration is very bad. The throttle body will be dirty very soon, even with a new filter installed. I used it before, and i could not stand the frequent washing of throttle body, so i switch to knn. :)

Bad^kokan

Known Member
Dec 10, 2003
Regnarok
www.xitami.utb.cz
hmmm..

except than..apexi ad HKS?

any others..branded to intro?

cheaper can both of them?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

superz

Known Member
Mar 21, 2005
errm...i would not recommend an AUTO car to go for open-pod.a drop-in will do la...

you wanna know how a good air-filter works? go to ENEOS in 1U...go play with the KNN filter, compared to the normal paper filter...you will see the differences...

open pod, not suitable for AUTO car la...errm..if you are opting for it...make sure you provide COLD air to let it suck in....else...you change open-pod also useless...

Eibach

Apr 26, 2005
Even an auto car u still can using this open pod air filter. HKS power flow is the better one. I'm using it with my auto transmission and feel the additional power especially for rpm rev quite fast to fully open the VTEC compared previously. You might hear quite a strong sound from the engine during the rev like using the 'big' VTEC. Frankly speaking, I love the performance from the air filter so far. Besides, it also increase my top speed and seems not much affecting on my fuel consumption. So better deal right? Just wonder one thing, do i need to check regularly my throttle body checking for cleanliness or what?any idea....

voon

Known Member
Nov 28, 2003
just to add in...

N/A------ Drop in

Turbo------ Open pod

I've change to K&N drop in last week.....NICE, easy to rev....slight slight increase pick-up, FC ?? still under observation. Need to adjust throttle body air intake after 1 week ( coz ECU setting change after new air filter instalation ). Price... 260 :(

nicteh

Known Member
Jan 27, 2005
KL
If Apexi filter, when should i clean it? average how long? have any signal show is dirty already?

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
for open pod filters just clean whenever necessary. maybe every 6 months, depending on mileage lah. the filter is exposed so it's very easy to tell whether it's dirty or not :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I've been using this gauge for like 4 to 5 months now and I always wonder is my reading of the vacuum gauge healthy? When the car is cold let say in the morning the reading is around -0.46 bar. (note my reading is in bar not cmHg or inch/Hg) but when driving for a long time or let say the engine has reach its optimal temperature, the reading is around -0.24 or -0.22 bar which is close to 0 bar! I'm using a Toyota Vios 07 onwards model. I tap the vacuum line at the intake manifold vacuum hose...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience