AIR ASIA - "Now Everyone Can Fall"

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Happen last year.

7 Nov 2004 - AirAsia 737-300 over-runs runway in heavy rain

KOTA KINABALU - AirAsia in a statement said due to heavy rain and bad weather, its aircraft bound for Kota Kinabalu from Kuala Lumpur skidded lightly off the runway after it touched down at Terminal Two of the Kota Kinabalu International Airport. In the 5.10pm incident yesterday, two passengers and the two pilots suffered minor injuries.

The 111 passengers on board AirAsia's Boeing 737-300 flight from Kuala Lumpur had an uneventful journey till the plane landed at Kota Kinabalu. One of the injured, a five-year-old girl, sprained her left wrist during evacuation from the Boeing 737-300 aircraft, the Star reported.

The passengers, including six top Laotian government officials, were shaken by the incident that occurred during a downpour.

Flight AK104 from Kuala Lumpur skidded onto the grassy patch towards the south end of the runway, forcing passengers to be evacuated via emergency chutes as Department of Civil Aviation (DCA) fire engines and ambulances rushed to scene.

A DCA official said the nose-wheel of the Boeing 737 was bogged down in soft soil and engineers were finding it difficult to extricate the aircraft because of nightfall.

The shutdown of the country's second-busiest airport resulted in the diversion, rescheduling and cancellation of dozens of flights, affecting at least 2,000 travellers.

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, scheduled to depart on his executive jet at 9.30pm after a short visit, left at 10.45pm. He was here to break fast with Umno members.

Although the DCA has "closed" the airport, it has allowed individual airlines to land or take off at their own risk.

A Universiti Teknologi Mara student who identified herself only as Zilla said the whole plane shook badly before it hit the grass. "I was afraid. I thought we were going to die," she said.

Raymond Danker, from Penang, who was visiting with his Sabahan wife and three children, said it was their first trip to the state since their marriage 10 years ago. "We were so happy about it and this had to happen," he said. He said his daughter, Tracie, suffered a sprain to her left wrist while sliding down the emergency chute, and his wife and two sons, aged three and seven, were shaken by the whole episode.

Among the passengers was Laotian deputy director-general of the Cabinet Committee for Planning, Houmpheng Souralay, one of the six senior Laotian officials here for a study tour organised by Yayasan Sabah. "I am thankful that nothing serious happened," said Souralay.

According to passengers, there were moments of pandemonium on the plane as they pushed and shoved each other towards the emergency exits during the evacuation.

The passengers were then ferried to the VIP terminal and given medical examinations before they were taken to Terminal Two and allowed to collect their luggage at about 7pm.

http://www.brunei-online.com/bb/tue/nov9b1.htm

WBH8668

500 RPM
May 28, 2005
Pudu Jail
last year at Kota Kinabalu...Airplane slip while landing.

Glocker

Known Member
Nov 16, 2003
They are still raking in the moolah though. I laugh at the sad sods over at MAS.

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
Yah .. BS .. its an old news, but someone forwarded to my email, so i just share wif u guys ...

EG8 - AirAsia using used planes bought from MAS and other overseas flight companies .. of cos they can provide cheaper rates ;)

TRD16v

1,500 RPM
Feb 9, 2004
Tokyo, Japan.
Visit site
Me jes back 2 days ago from penang on airasia flight.. all i can say is ok ok la all oso sun sun lei lei.. onli when de planes enter de clouds u will feel de whole plane shakey but whichever plane oso de same unless u r inside airbus or big B777 loh but den B737-300 is memang like dis le.. anyway din pay much attention to the plane shake as i am more focus on de stewardess le... oooohhhhh yeahhhh babehhh! dem stim :D

Regards,
Mike

WBH8668

500 RPM
May 28, 2005
Pudu Jail
sakuraguy said:
EG8 - AirAsia using used planes bought from MAS and other overseas flight companies .. of cos they can provide cheaper rates ;)
AirAsia never bought plane from MAS la... AirAsia only own 4 of the total 34 plane in their fleet. The another 30 is leased.
737-300 atcually is same technology with 737-400. But 737-400 is few meter longer than 737-300.

miata

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
ya man what kind of news you get that air asia bought 737's from mas?
new planes will be here next month

EG8

2,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
KL
www.surfer-girl.com
WBH8668 said:
AirAsia never bought plane from MAS la... AirAsia only own 4 of the total 34 plane in their fleet. The another 30 is leased.
737-300 atcually is same technology with 737-400. But 737-400 is few meter longer than 737-300.
bro
i assumed u r from airlines field.care to clarify whats the meaning of wet lease and dry lease and another one damp lease?

cant remember which malaysia aviation forum that i came across last week....
thanks!

Last edited:

WBH8668

500 RPM
May 28, 2005
Pudu Jail
wet lease = lease the plane together with the pilot/crew
dry lease = lease plane only
(not so sure but i guess so :D)

i got a sad news for those who dont like AirAsia :D , MAS already postpone their planning to replace their 13years old 737-400. Next month the AirAsia first A320 is coming already!

*pss: i'm not from airline field la, just love to spot them only...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Here it is, the official unveiling of the ultimate super athlete within the SUV segment by Automobili Lamborghini, the Urus concept. Named after Spanish breed of bulls (surprise, surprise), the Urus concept looks ready to redefine dynamics and design for the SUV category as it combines design uniqueness, a futuristic interior and out right performance with everyday versatility...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience