advice please ~ gti?putra?

KryPToN

500 RPM
Jun 22, 2005
Selangor
hehe.. experince the same problem with u man. putra or gti?? depends... answer these few questions and it will probably help...

which look you prefer.. sedan 2 door(putra) or hatchback 2 door(gti)

do you need boot space? yes(putra) or no(gti)
important for ppl going for crazy ICE equipment

are you willing to spend more on your car... yes(putra) or no(gti)
(to get a putra to drive like a gti... need to spend some $$$ to do up the handling of a putra... plus if u wanna go for engine mods... then both also need to spend hell alot)

you like red(gti) or black(putra) on your engine? probably not important.. gti engine cover (or whatever its called) is red while putra is black...everything else is the same.... correct me if im wrong)

you need to ferry many ppl often? yes or no
(if yes... get a 4 door la :) but the putra rear seating leg space is a little bit bigger then the gti... not much but believe me... ur frens wont complain so much)

thats all the few questions i can think of now... other then this i think no difference between the gti n putra... i ended up with a gti...

hope this helps... happy buying man~

zealless

Known Member
May 19, 2005
Melbourne / KL
KryPToN said:
hehe.. experince the same problem with u man. putra or gti?? depends... answer these few questions and it will probably help...

(to get a putra to drive like a gti... need to spend some $$$ to do up the handling of a putra... plus if u wanna go for engine mods... then both also need to spend hell alot)

you like red(gti) or black(putra) on your engine? probably not important.. gti engine cover (or whatever its called) is red while putra is black...everything else is the same.... correct me if im wrong)

(if yes... get a 4 door la :) but the putra rear seating leg space is a little bit bigger then the gti... not much but believe me... ur frens wont complain so much)

thats all the few questions i can think of now... other then this i think no difference between the gti n putra... i ended up with a gti...

AGREE. this is expert advice. .. practicality also important ... so depent on which on is more to ur living style, i bought a MRS in australia, my parents come cannot fetch them ... hahaha kena kao kao by them ...

boosook

Known Member
Jul 14, 2005
Shah Alam
KryPToN said:

yea..the back space for gti is kinda small..i've never sat on the back of my gti b4 but according to my frens,its suffering.. hahah..get a putra..much nicer look ;)

wchuan54

Jul 13, 2005
Edinburgh, UK
please help my Putra

I am driving a 1998 all original Putra-manual, recently my putra seem like 'lack of power', it 'jerk' when i accelerate, i think one of my cylinder is not working properly or i need to check my spark plug?? any advice? may i ask the Putra driver what is your RPM reading when you stop the car? mine is below 1000, is that normal?

zealless

Known Member
May 19, 2005
Melbourne / KL
wchuan54 said:
I am driving a 1998 all original Putra-manual, recently my putra seem like 'lack of power', it 'jerk' when i accelerate, i think one of my cylinder is not working properly or i need to check my spark plug?? any advice? may i ask the Putra driver what is your RPM reading when you stop the car? mine is below 1000, is that normal?
airflow sensor or throttle sensor ... something doing wif fuel injection ...

cws8622

Known Member
May 3, 2005
hi brother...
if u planning to get a 2 doors car.. y not considered Hyundai Coupe 1st generation.. market price is also about rm40k-45k...

ash_eyie

Known Member
Jul 1, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Go for PUTRA man!! Looks more GARANG i guess. Theres too many Satria's on the road so PUTRA would be a better choice.. Cheers!! :biggrin:

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
wchuan54 said:
Happened to me before. Check your spark plugs. Otherwise, test with different cables.

<1000rpm idle is normal. Mine sometimes 800rpm also. But engine doesn't jerk even when aircon compressor kicks in.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can v6 mivec md 6a12 be converted to turbo? nid to use wad and how much is the price?
And if convert adi got problem or not the engine..pls helppp..hehe
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience