advice please ~ gti?putra?

emo

Jul 17, 2005
subang jaya
Dudes ,
i'm new here and i need some advice..

(1)putra and gti are using 1.8 engines,but are they the same
specs? or gti more powerful?.

(2)in terms of performance(stock egine) which is the best?
their bhp? max speed? power-weight ratio?

(3)im planning to buy a second-hand either gti or putra..
a year 2000 gti price range around 45000-49000 while a
1999/2000 putra would only set me around 40000-45000..
which is more worthy?

hope to hear soon..
tq~

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
get the older putras, spend some cash touching it up and look for those with the ecu code '2468' apparently it has an extra slot for piggybacks that will make it easier to fit/tune.

i'm using a 97/98 putra 1.8 and am really satisfied with the performance and looks thus far.

imho, putras are a little more rare than the gtis :)

but in terms of power to weight ratio, ie. old gtis vs old putras, the older gti with mmc ecu wins because it's a few kilos lighter.

before buying, check the whole car...i mean really check the whole car! ask the dealer to remove the fenders, the boot, remove the carpets and all until u can see the spare tyre well and the sides of the boot. really do check the roof for rust as well.

good luck :)

if you need any info, PM me. :)

oTomaNiam

Known Member
Feb 1, 2004
Visit site
Another vote for Putra !!!

Cheersss ..

evors

Known Member
Jun 27, 2005
Johor, Malaysia
whatdamn said:
get the older putras, spend some cash touching it up and look for those with the ecu code '2468' apparently it has an extra slot for piggybacks that will make it easier to fit/tune.

i'm using a 97/98 putra 1.8 and am really satisfied with the performance and looks thus far.

imho, putras are a little more rare than the gtis :)

but in terms of power to weight ratio, ie. old gtis vs old putras, the older gti with mmc ecu wins because it's a few kilos lighter.

before buying, check the whole car...i mean really check the whole car! ask the dealer to remove the fenders, the boot, remove the carpets and all until u can see the spare tyre well and the sides of the boot. really do check the roof for rust as well.

good luck :)

if you need any info, PM me. :)
Hehe, have to agree with you man. Putra is the more "rarer" thing. Driving a yr 97 Putra oso. Bigger, both interior and boot space. Power more or less the same, 1 on 1 i'd say the earlier MMC GTi win it by half a car. Handling better GTi. But as u can see, the rare stuff seems to be in favour.

Just a question, how many Putra is on the road in Malaysia, anyone got the figure?

menghua84

Known Member
Feb 15, 2004
skudai/ perak
Visit site
mayb in kl putra may seem to be rare.. but in jb road.. putra is not a rare car ler.. anywhere u go u may find a lot of putra around 1.. my vote is stil for putra... nice car!

sattar

Jan 31, 2004
I would go for Putra. If Gti, then so many on the road, even 1.3, 1.5, 1.6 satria can be GTI'ed'.

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
putra

go for the putra man. to me its the best proton ever. its got looks and power. and of course its rare.i wish i could own a putra : )

anttyk

Known Member
May 5, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
whatdamn said:
Dispelling Common Misconceptions

1. Putra is lighter. TRUE
2. Wheelbase is exactly the same. TRUE

Cheers!

zealless

Known Member
May 19, 2005
Melbourne / KL
emo said:
Dudes ,

which is more worthy?

hope to hear soon..
tq~
read this link about putra M21
http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.research_specs?vehicle_code=19971017.13:27:41&sort_type=&current_rec=1&make_name=PROTON&model_name=M21

comparison between putra and gti

OZ putra M21 is build with head aluminium ... should be ok with turbo, better check m'sia version is aluminium or not, if not ur probably can't boost the engine, u will blow it ...

OZ M21 engine
Head material - Aluminium alloy
Block material - Cast-iron

i recommend gti NA, coz turbo in m'sia hahah ... too hot and humid ... turbo won't work correctly hahah ... in place like OZ .. cool and cold ... so better for turbo engine ... i drag win a putra in OZ with my MRS hahaha ... so slow during summer ... i actually don't know where it went ahhaha .. :D if you want to tune gti .. go search in taiwan web or forum ... they hav a 2.0L stroke up kit for sale ... make ur car lighter ... the GTi will probably can beat the shit out of 200bhp wira ... they have better traction and chasis then the putra :cool: :cool:

zealless

Known Member
May 19, 2005
Melbourne / KL
emo said:
Dudes ,

which is more worthy?

hope to hear soon..
tq~

go carsale.com.au ... then select - research car ...
then select comparison car ...
u can compare M21 PUTRA and GTi

yup M21 is lighter than GTi ... they use the same engine block
car is all about traction ... even u have 200bhp .. no traction .. it will slower than a stock Gti ... got Gti ...

anything u can email me ...
[email protected]

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys ,
my car is satria 4g13 ..need to convert from carb to efi ....any idea wer i can get the whole kit so can plug and play .preferably mmc set .Plus how much would it cost
thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience