Advantage & Disadvantage to replace the Aluminium lighten Crank Pully

ericgtmythos

Known Member
Jan 6, 2010
Kedah
Hello all sifu here,:itsme:

I have some doubts to confused me to decide replace the aluminium crank pully instead of original crank pully...??:confused::confused::hmmmm::banghead:

For some experience sifu let me know the comparison as below:

Advantage:
1) Will improve engine torque....coz lighten make the pully turning fast..

Disadvantages :
1) Lost the crank balancing, in future may be the crank bearing will facing un-balance friction..
2) Unknow or Un-estimate damage causes....to crank or related portion..

So i would like to asking more suggestion & opinion for those sifu who have experience to use the lighten aluminium crank pully on your 3S-GTE before...

Dozo Yoroshiku....:adore::adore:
Thanks for advice:ciao:

ericgtmythos

Known Member
Jan 6, 2010
Kedah
Hi bro Bar,

Why like that :hmmmm:??...have u try before & worst result for side effect??

Thanks for sharing...

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara
wat cam pulley u intend to use bro eric?

im planing to go works or hks cam pulley, maybe camshaft as well....still undecided :hmmmm:

zeus83

500 RPM
Oct 29, 2006
KL-Damansara

Barbarian

500 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
KL
www.myjsoc.com
unbalanced crank pulley causes alot of 2zzge engine to go kaput..... the first thing to go is the oil pump gear.... will shatter to pieces and if the car is not stopped immediately, engine kaput.....

I've got aftermarket oil pump gears so it was fine for me... :) but I removed the aftermarket crank pulley after a couple of months as the benefit gained is not worth the risk.....

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
unbalanced crank pulley causes alot of 2zzge engine to go kaput..... the first thing to go is the oil pump gear.... will shatter to pieces and if the car is not stopped immediately, engine kaput.....

I've got aftermarket oil pump gears so it was fine for me... :) but I removed the aftermarket crank pulley after a couple of months as the benefit gained is not worth the risk.....
as i suspected, it causes unwanted vibration. it was wise of u to remove it sir

har1th7

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
for crank pulley... its base on the usage...

for NA car - can be used to free up some extra rev
for Force Induction - not so much power gain compare to piping , downpipe, & IC upgrade...

since ur car is 3sgte.... u won't feel significant power gain, maybe later feel frustrated...

and the material use for the crank pulley... choose wisely, aluminium is lightweight but fragile... unless its an aluminium alloy ..

3zz

Known Member
Jan 18, 2009
for lightweight pulley,make sure its dampened..
if x patah cracnkshaft..
but how to identify the crankply if dampned or x?
question n ans in 1.LOL

ericgtmythos

Known Member
Jan 6, 2010
Kedah

Bro Bar, Thanks for the good experience sharing:proud:..

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

my bad:biggrin:

anyways we can share cam pulley experience as well...:idea:
Haha Bro Zeus....:biggrin::biggrin:
Anyway,my CAM pully use TODA old model...come with engine i bought..
See photo attach..:burnout:

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

Dear All Sifu.....

Finally i decided use back the ori Crank Pully to prevent any risk or side effect to my new rebuilt engine....

Thank u very much for your kind advice & appreciated !!!:top::top::shakehands:

ZenGTMM

Aug 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi there, newbie here too, tumpang thread..
Just want to ask if like say using an undampened crank pulley will cause problem, however I have tried to find dampened crank pulley and the closest I have came across is just Mytheology dampened crank pulley which I have read that its just a play of words and not really dampened as claim. Any ideas which brand carries dampened crank pulley for SP4H?

AFAIK, a dampened crank pulley is really really needed for high performance engine when the torque created on the piston pushing down on the crankshaft causes harmonics and when it reaches resonance state it will cause maximum damage. Will that possibly happen on a NA 1.6 Campro engine?

ericgtmythos

Known Member
Jan 6, 2010
Kedah
Haha..Bro Bar & xtremeleo... no problem the Teh Tarik or Kopi "O"... Hopefully really have opportunity to meet u all in future... Cheers..:cheers::cheers:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Trying something new here guys, especially for those who haven't been following our social channels. I've been getting plenty of questions on YouTube especially regarding manual shifting H&T etc so I was thinking of compiling them here or creating a series of post revolving on driving topics

I hope this helps anyone searching for answers on footwork and such, let's dicuss

I'll start with this one:
How to Shift Quicker

View attachment 572362

View attachment 572361 ...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience