Adjustable Fuel regulator

navz

Known Member
Nov 11, 2007
Ipoh
Hi,i would like to ask about below video..i dont know how this happen..at first the hose from fuel rail to my fuel regulator got leaking.and i replace a new 1 and then i found my adj fuel regulator reading become weard,it suppose to increase not decreasing when i press the throttle adoyai.. pls view and let me know what causing it...thx sry for my bad english..

YouTube - viva fuel pressure dropping

Last edited:

navz

Known Member
Nov 11, 2007
Ipoh
sry for newbie question..how do i detect which problem that im facing..lets say fpr vacuum?cuz fuel pump abit hard to change and to test it problem or not..

Last edited:

navz

Known Member
Nov 11, 2007
Ipoh
thx bro..now i know what to do..

mahfudz_mn

Known Member
Nov 22, 2004
Bukit Jalil
Visit site
i think the pressure gauge is reading right

from fluid mechanics class; changing from static to flowing condition i do expect the pressure head to decrease as some of it is being converted into velocity head, and the gauge only reads pressure head and not the velocity head like a pitot tube

all these info is right, given that the fuel pump is at constant output...

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
the thing is, the regulator is supposed to retain the fuel pressure from dropping, hence there are sumthing wrong in his application. the vacuum on top of the fpr is supposed to help in increasing the pressure with manifold pressure, he is using a rising rate fpr fyi. the reading is supposed to rise with the revv / manifold pressure

navz

Known Member
Nov 11, 2007
Ipoh
yup..it usually raise from 2.5 to 3.5..but now..it happen to be 2.8 decrease to 2.4 ....and i never touch then adjuster..going to the shop where i bought fpr n ask them whats wrong although i already know 2 posibility problem..thx again guys.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
no problemo sir, of course they are other possibilities dat gives out dat problem. report back if the problem still persist sir

navz

Known Member
Nov 11, 2007
Ipoh
okay...thx again

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all sifu,

I had used a machine to polished my black car, but end up when under the sun i saw alot of swirl and it disaster. anything can help to restore back in lower budget type instead of sending to detailing shop
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience