Adding tufoil to auto gearbox and power steering?

sentinal3_16

Known Member
May 30, 2005
Klang
Well, can tufoil be mixed with atf and poured into gearbox and powersteering?Have anyone done it before?Since it reduces friction and heat,wont it be great for auto gearboxes and powersteering's?

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
A BIG NO. Tufoil should not be used together with ATF inside automatic gearbox.It is far too slippery and will cause clutches to slip.

On power steering, many mechanics have added some droplets or just a tea spoonful and this works though.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
The only way to reduce heat in A/T is to install an external ATF cooler. I did mine the DIY style for only RM 50.

kayang

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2005
acbc said:
The only way to reduce heat in A/T is to install an external ATF cooler. I did mine the DIY style for only RM 50.
bro...mind share how 2 diy d atf cooler??btw wat car ur using??thanks

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
acbc, how u diy the ATF cooler ?
can we use oil cooler to be as ATF cooler ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just a couple of weekends ago, we were invited to participate in a Lotus Cars-only drive to Genting Highlands along with Ex-F1 legend, current Lotus Ambassador Jean Alesi and Gino Rosato, Director of Corporate Operations at Group Lotus. It was a drive not-to-be-missed for me not just because the Genting Highlands' uphill route is still one my favourite weekend pastime, or the opportunity to drive with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience