About car paint

ramrodx

Feb 16, 2005
Hi! I'm about to respray my car, but I'm kinda confused about the colour part. Let say I've chosen championship white and the colour code is NH-0. So, is this color only available on a specific brand of paint (e.g. ICI) or it's available on other brands (e.g. dupont or glasurit)? I want it to be as accurate as possible...thanks very much...:)

boggysv

2,000 RPM
Sep 7, 2004
IMHO,no point getting the most accurate paint material here in malaysia because none of the painters follow the correct curing procedure.

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
I think the color code is the same through out. My guess would be that same color code means same hue, but you will still see difference in quality. And yeah, it also depends on the painters' skill.

In my experience, cheap paint tend not to give off the 'saturated' feel when you look at them. But maybe the guy with the expensive paint also paint a lot more layer.

That's my experience le. because you can have your interior color coded match to your seats.

johnsmith

Known Member
Mar 26, 2005
Visit site
there are some paint shop around which are very experienced in the way, they have a machine to mix the colour you want and spray your car (oven baked). with all the effort, a lot of money is required.....more than normal paint shop.

if you are willing to spend a lot of money on your car, better send to a good paint shop....in short, satisfaction

johnsmith

Known Member
Mar 26, 2005
Visit site
best place to polish/wax your beautiful car

any recommendation? would you rate CARs good or just so so? I heard like pps or something like that......

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
only use it once. was in a hurry and there were no immediate free parking space. :D

just opted for the basic wash, no waxing and all those fancy extras. maybe buuf a bit kot, not really sure. was the RM60 one I think. Git some stains on the car and rims that I didn't manage to get rid off the weekend before. When i got back to the car, it was looking really good. I might even say it's like new.

yeah that's the only time. My cousin used to do car wash, so that's my usual place. But now closed down because he open a restaurant. that's why I was washing the car myself :p but now the car's in the works most of the time, don't have a need to visit car wash for a while.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Up to this day, Tesla is providing free, unlimited supercharging for all Tesla owners. However, buyers who purchase new Teslas after Jan 1, 2017 will no longer enjoy the privilege.

On the bright side, new Tesla owners from Jan 1, 2017 will be granted 400kWh worth of free Supercharging credit every year – approximately 1,000 miles or 1,600 km of free travel.

Once the 400 kWh...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience