63t turbine

jinkl

4,000 RPM
What turbine do u all recommend to add spice to a vr4+evo
does the 20g fin mod on the td05 really give big kick ?
or its nothing compared to a td06, i was looking for more to between a td05 and td06 , any garrett fits in that category ?
63t owners , let me know wht turbine u r in and when does boost kick in. dont worry bout fueling and tuning :) cheers
wht im looking for is not a big lag but a performer without reducing drivability

kriminalz : wuish so early :) bt its cos ur tuner tweaked it rite hehehehe

if u want mitsubishi turbo...i suggest TD05 with 18G for quick spool + some top end power compare to 16G. driveability wont suffer.

if garrett...best is GT2835.ball bearing.

if u dont mind about lag...go straight for TD06-20G. nevermind the lag...bcos u'll be smiling after the boost kick in a little above 3000rpm.

as for garrett...GT3037 is the best for big power.i think not much lag since it's ball bearing.

what confusing me...some say that GT series got ball bearing and no ball bearing.maybe it's optional.

personally i'd choose TD05-with 18G if put into consideration budget,early boost kick and more top end compare with stock 16G.

GT is the new Garrett series...like in the past it was all called 'T' series..
so GT doesn't mean there is ball bearing B)

Garret GT3540...1.3 bar 407whp...this is from my frens vtec turbo..hehe

pathfinder said:
what confusing me...some say that GT series got ball bearing and no ball bearing.maybe it's optional.

If Garrett, the one with "R" is ballbearing. It means roller, I think, in Garrett's turbo language.

anyone wanna buy KKK k-27 let me know...i wanna let go fast.JINKL...ideal for your kinda mod standard la.Turbo addict. heheheheh

Well, for Garrett GT, "R" does mean ball bearing. Or at least that is what Garrett stated officially.

Does GT3540 mean ball bearing since there's no 'R' ? ;) or..
GT30BB or..
GT2530 or..
GT2835 ?

;)

I don't think that GT3540 is a Garrett's because it seems odd or rather illogical for Garrett to produces a turbo with that kind of specs. In fact I don't think all the turbo listed by you are Garrett products.

BTW, don't get confuse between Garrett products with HKS' or Tong's :smile:

well well my fren...

FYI these are Garrett specs and not relevant to HKS or Tong (FYI - Tong is my old time buddy)

go do some homework before u reply my fren...

What i'm trying to say in this thread is that perceptions and myths should be corrected, and all i said was 'R' does not mean it's ball bearing. By your ways of explanation you might get some other members all confused.

So once again i re-emphasise that 'R' doesn't mean ball bearing.
And yes there are such spec called GT2540, GT3540 and so on...
so if u think there isn't such a spec called GT3540 care to tell / elaborate further where u heard that there isn't such a spec ? Can u decipher the meaning of GT3540 ?

hmm...Wej..

tell us bout T series and GT series...watz the diff ?
do the T series have ball bearing versions ? Any 'R' for the T series ?

The turbo you called Garrett GT3540 is actually what Garrett officially names GT3582R. I guess HKS gives it a different name which is GT3540.

In Garrett naming convention for GT series turbo, the last two numbers is to indicates the compressor wheel exducer size in millimeter. The compressor wheel being used in this turbo is GT40 56 trim with 61mm inducer and 82mm exducer.
But, what do I know, right?

Well, complain to Garrett. They are the one who put that "R", not me.

...yawn~

yea u rite dude..maybe i shud talk to Haneishi-san next month when they drop by KL and ask them why there's an R like u said.. :))

wud u like to meet them urself n ask theem ?

Last edited: