4G93P fitted with GSR turbo

Yes, can take decent boost too if you have the 93T pistons in and the necessary go faster bits.

Alu,

Whats the max boost and perhaps also bhp atw?

oh, max boost as in with the gsrt pistons or just the 4g93P stock internals?

might as well dump it out and put gsr then eh?

whtdamn : haha..yeah .. if im not mistaken stock factory boost for GSR is around 0.6 /0.7 if im not wrong.. bhp on wheel not veri sure..it all depends to ur car weight..if heavy like lorry den of cus little , if on kancil den different story..

ohhhh....icic.

now plans might be changing...gonna get a second car and then mod that car....might be wira 1.8..that's why i'm asking these questions.

0.5 bar is with stock internals... with GSR internals, and a turbo gasket... u're good enuff to go 0.7-0.8 bar without much fuss... but u'll have to worry about cooling your turbine and your internals more efficiently.

Bear in mind... 4G93P with gsr internals... boosting the same as a GSR... will probably still be slower than a stock GSR. There's more to it than just bolting on a turbo and becoming a GSR. =) HEhehez... the head for instance has bigger ports... which is why most n/a 4G93 mod freaks get GSR head and polish them, coz' 4G93T heads are like already ported 4G93 n/a head! =)

dude,

was thinking of doing that as it would save me time and i don't have to take out one lumpsum of cash to mod the car.

BUT, my main worry is how the previous owner has treated the car...more like the engine, if everytime rev till redline means i'll have to spend more money to overhau; the engine in due time.

anyway, i'll still be on the look out for a modded car la. btw which would be better to start as a platform, wira 1.8 sedan or satria 1.6?

all creative criticism and responses are welcome :)

oh yeah, another thing, prolly lari topic la but anyway,

what's the hp figures like with those 1.8 mivec rojak engines ar?

let's say i don't intend to play turbo, so i go with the 4g93P block and mivec 1.6 head...what will happen? will it have more hp then me bolting on a turbo kit that can only boost 0.5-0.7 bar?

arigato.

wah 169 hp atw, thats faster than stock std gsr :( boo hiisss

1.8 mivec figures are around 150+ hp on wheel, in its 'stock' condition (so called)... meaning just after you bolt the block and head together lar. If you put cams la, pnp head la.. this and that la... i dunno liau. hahaha... I suppose REALLY pushing it to the edge would give up to 180hp max kua? Reliability is going to be an issue here when you rojak.

If you planning to turbo kit your 1.8 mivec... then good luck to you woh! Hahaha... people who GSR bolt on mivec head also experiencing a lotta problems liau (unless running on standalone)!! Further more its a clash of high-low compression!! You're bound to lose out either one... either run low boost, or lower your compression. Stabilizing this is going to take one hell of a fight... you'd better have a damn good mechanic for this one!

If you're planning to keep the car in the long run... i suggest u get a 1.8 wira la... coz' 4 door more convinient mar. =) HEhehez... if you getting a car that you most likely won't fetch ppl, then mah get satria loh. KEkekez... actually depends on personal preference la... which ever u think look nicer mah get loh. =)

dolly,
sure or not ah? HEheez.. i think ur car more than 169 la... have u tried dyno-ing? I not sure whut the hp figures of a stock GSR is, but a friend of mine who claimed his GSR is 'stock' gave a good whooping of 180+ hp on wheel leh when dyno-ed.

alvin good info ther..
and wow 180+ on a GSR is damn alot man..impossible or mebi it is possible if his runnig on GSR RS .. or else,shud have sumthin sumwher is aftermarket stuff oredi..hehe..

and yes as for mivec turbo its gonna be a veri diff engine to maintain and moreover it is fragile..to make it realible,it wuld be best to opt for standalone and most of all a good mech to do evrythin or else u will end up sitting public transport 4 times a week..ehehe

as for wiras/satrias .. i wuld go for wiras..firstly veri convenient..u wont know wen dat ur gonna pick up sumone unless ur lanci and tell ur frens, my car oni can fetch 2 ppl max including urself..so 4 doors car is still a veri good thing..

and like wht u said putting mivec head compare to bolt-on turbo .. i wuld choose mivec man..it is more realible and performance i bet mivec will beat bolt on turbo..summore whts the point bolting a turbo that wuld cost more than a turbo halfcut and all u get is oni limited performance..unless u dun one to go for inspection engine transplant..
and later on u will be regretting wif all the money spent on a bolt-on turbo which will cost u EVO halfcut..more powerful and reliable in long term..hehe..

good luck

lol, gsr5559, u promoting evo halfcut to me kau kau man! hahah.

ok la, so i'll go with the 1.8 wira first..then save money until can get an evo halfcut...by then dunno how much the price would have sky rocketed. :(

but then what to do...beggers can't be choosers right. still under parental support.
which has it's pros and cons ler.

No la... where got bolt on turbo spend till can get EVO halfcut... i think a good 2k can do everything all in liau la... but very low boost la... maybe 0.3-0.4 only. If wanna boost higher, gotta get extra at least an SAFC, extra injectors + injector controller.

Plus i doubt a mivec head can outrun a turbo kit... unless there's more to it than just bolting on the mivec head la. 4G93 bolt on mivec head the most ma +20hp. IF bolt on turbo will get you around 30% upgrade on hp.... thats more than 30hp for a 4G93P man.

yeah, true la...hmm, i'll see how this whole thing goes la. might sell the 4g93P to contra and then get the gsr or evo..which ever comes first.

180 otw? no way man, gsr rated @ 180hp at the crank (or 210) factor in all the losses and stuff impossible... one guy just dynoed his gsr @ 1 bar 187 otw, so stock boost 0.6-0.7 prolly around 160+

if u + the fat bottom mine is mebe at most 130? kehkehkeh

whatdamn, go evo straight! dun go gsr, complete waste of money lar. You WILL get bored and figure, alright time to put in good stuff, then u find out, kns flywheel dun have, conrod damn weak, piston must custom. go evo straight and spend extra on making it reliable.

:lol: Yaya..straight from the horses mouth :D dolly, GSR kenot make it ler. Go Evo :lol:

Regards;

Top Bottom