4G93 DOHC Problems

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
i have not driven a car with the mivec box so i have no idea what the ratios are like. I have however driven a car with a short gearbox and a final drive of 4.7. At highway speeds of about 110km/h its at 35000rpm. Car always feels like its ready to go which was nice as it felt perky, but it was tiring to drive outstation on long highways

Reactions: Izso

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
ouch bro...

and the mivec gb ratios are not the same as the 1.8 one but pretty close. But I doubt it'll affect your driving too much. Since it's available now - why not just use it? IIRC the Mivec ratios are pretty long too so for highway driving ok la.

UPDATE - so I just found out after all these years that I've been lied to and there's no 1.8L Mivec. Hahaha.. means those 1.8 Mivecs I saw have been using the 4G93 gb all along.
I was considering hard cos I know that Mivec GB would be hard to come around again, little did I know that the 1.8 is harder to find! Maybe I’m also sceptical about change
Ah yes bro, there’s no 1.8 Mivec. From what I know the 4G93-Mivec hybrids are usually mated to 1.8 or 1.6 Mivec GBs.

hoho better hunt for the above....

mivec boxes are nice and all (lsd was optional i believe) but for ur use case.. long distance driving, im not sure u will like it
I never had a go in the Mivec ones, do you own one bro? How does it feel for long distance?

Hi Bro, one of the groups im in on FB a guy just posted a satria gti gearbox for sale. If you are still hunting you probably can contact him
Thanks for the help out bro! I’ll reach out to him, thanks a lot! Is it safe to say that Mivec 1.6 one gives me better acceleration, 1.8 one better top speed?

drummydrew

Known Member
Dec 7, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Hello sifus after a long long time! I still own the Satria 4G93 DOHC and I need help :biggrin:

Engine ceased at 280K, block cracked open a hole :banghead: Now looking for halfcut or engine for sale! Ipoh area, hit me up please!

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Hello sifus after a long long time! I still own the Satria 4G93 DOHC and I need help :biggrin:

Engine ceased at 280K, block cracked open a hole :banghead: Now looking for halfcut or engine for sale! Ipoh area, hit me up please!
can try big chop shop nearby Kamunting toll.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Lately there has been reports on strange series of accidents with the ultimate Audi R8. It was not in Russia but in some other West European country, the newest and limited edition R8 was burned down in matter of seconds, Its light metal body melted down and nobody could explain the strange phenomenon. One Audi R8 less. But the reasons are not so mysterious as in Europe...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience