4age BT Engine oil indicator on and off

hon_cs

Known Member
Jan 23, 2004
Ipoh
I had this problem during the journey from my house to workplace this morning. the indicator light suddenly on and stable there. if car went through some uneven or got bumps, the light also followed the step like on then off. after reached my office, i turned engine off for 5min and checked the oil level. no problem on this. then while engine was running, i opened the oil cap to test the oil pump pressure. no problem also because can feel strong wind blowing from the hole. during lunch time, i drove the car out again. result same, indicator on and off. car was then parked under hot sun for about 1hr. when drove back, light did not turn on at all. does that means sensor problem? where is the sensor located and how to do diagnose on this?

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
The sensor should be inside the engine block or plugged into the engine like the oxygen sensor ... monitor your car for few more days see if got the same problem or not .. my dad's toyota unser also got this problem before but it happens because of the engine oil really empty already .. test your engine oil level when the engine is less hot :)

hon_cs

Known Member
Jan 23, 2004
Ipoh
nop, confirmed is not the oil because this morning i checked again and the oil level is full. anyone had this problem before? suprisingly the indicator light did not on since yesterday lunch time. i'll monitor this for few more days.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi people,

I'm looking for people who fully mod k-cars for themselves or competition purposes. I'm doing a research in the k-car scene. If you are one or knows anyone who like to share please pop me a mail.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Melisa
[email protected]
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience