2010 Toyota Vios Sport Rims

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

NoFear7

Apr 1, 2009
Hello everyone! :wavey:

I am planning on modifying my Toyota Vios 2010, looking for a 15"/16"/17" Rims. Please advise me on whether 16" or 17" Rims are suitable for my car, 15" is for sure but i overheard that 17 is too big for my stock Vios. Can anyone recommend me some good shops to visit, else some pictures online for me to take a peak! :rofl: Thank you!

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
15" will be economical. 195/55/R15 size is the best between performance and comfort.
16" go for 205/45/R16 or largest will be 205/50/R16, or 195/50/R16 but less choices
17" still can if you fit 205/40/R17. Will be expensive and bumpy.....

NoFear7

Apr 1, 2009
Ohh I was planning to get a 16" but what i was told is that the bigger the rims is the more stable it will be. So i don't know, LoL! Btw, from what you say i think 16" will be best, do you know any good brands for rims? Or any brands will do, since the prices for a 16" Rims varies from 700-1000 in rawang if i am not wrong. Other wise please advise me on branding and also shops that are recommended for trade in and purchase.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ohh I was planning to get a 16" but what i was told is that the bigger the rims is the more stable it will be. So i don't know, LoL! Btw, from what you say i think 16" will be best, do you know any good brands for rims? Or any brands will do, since the prices for a 16" Rims varies from 700-1000 in rawang if i am not wrong. Other wise please advise me on branding and also shops that are recommended for trade in and purchase.
I think you misunderstand.
15" is best between performance and comfort, means you get both or a balance in between. The bigger the rims, the wider the tyres, and the lower the profile means you will get better dry traction, handling and stability, but as you go bigger, the comfort will suffer.
If you plan to get 16" for handling then 205/45/R16 is a good choice. Which spec of the Vios do you have?

NoFear7

Apr 1, 2009
I think you misunderstand.
15" is best between performance and comfort, means you get both or a balance in between. The bigger the rims, the wider the tyres, and the lower the profile means you will get better dry traction, handling and stability, but as you go bigger, the comfort will suffer.
If you plan to get 16" for handling then 205/45/R16 is a good choice. Which spec of the Vios do you have?
Ohh, 15" to get the balance for both comfort and performance. So if for 16", i will have better grip on road? How big the difference will be on the comfort side for 15" and 16". Yea, i think i might get 16" as it looks better on my ride. I am having a E Spec 2010 Toyota Vios. Do you know where i could get a reasonably good rims?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ohh, 15" to get the balance for both comfort and performance. So if for 16", i will have better grip on road? How big the difference will be on the comfort side for 15" and 16". Yea, i think i might get 16" as it looks better on my ride. I am having a E Spec 2010 Toyota Vios. Do you know where i could get a reasonably good rims?
If compare 195/55/R15 to 205/45/R16, then comfort could loose a lot. With 205 width and 45 series aspect ratio (Ultra Low Profile) very much more bumpy but this depends on individual also. Some can take it, some cannot. However this can improve slightly with softer sidewall tyres, or use 205/50/R16.
Before I go further on this, may I know your E Spec original size tyres?

For Rims, again is individual taste. You have to select the one you like or match your ride. Shop around, and compare prices also. You can browse around Sunway area or even Jalan Kapar in Klang.

NoFear7

Apr 1, 2009
If compare 195/55/R15 to 205/45/R16, then comfort could loose a lot. With 205 width and 45 series aspect ratio (Ultra Low Profile) very much more bumpy but this depends on individual also. Some can take it, some cannot. However this can improve slightly with softer sidewall tyres, or use 205/50/R16.
Before I go further on this, may I know your E Spec original size tyres?

For Rims, again is individual taste. You have to select the one you like or match your ride. Shop around, and compare prices also. You can browse around Sunway area or even Jalan Kapar in Klang.
Hey sry for the late reply, i went to sunway to take a peak today on the rims. I saw a few nice ones, but its 17" so i doubt it can fit my car. Even if it can, my tyres has to be 40 instead of 45. For my stock vios rims is 14" and for the tyres is 175/65R14, if i remember correctly.

Btw, is there any 16" Sport rim for this particular design?

If Yes, where can i get it? I am currently staying in Petaling jaya, but rawang/klang/sunway is not a problem to me as i dont mind to drive down just to get a higher trade in price. :biggrin:

Attachments

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I think this design is quite common and should have in the market. Do you know what brand? Maybe you can ask the shops for them.
Can I give you a tip if you don't mind. Try choosing a rim with the spokes reaching the end of the rims. This will strength the outer rim lips, and the rims looks bigger (optical illusion)
Also less tiny spokes/design, so easier to wash....
Something like this....

NoFear7

Apr 1, 2009
Eh, i don't quite get what you were saying. Mind explaining it in much detail manner? :fisheye:
Any shops you would like to recommend me? :D Trade in price and also the rims price itself.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Eh, i don't quite get what you were saying. Mind explaining it in much detail manner? :fisheye:
Any shops you would like to recommend me? :D Trade in price and also the rims price itself.
Okay, take a look at the rims you posted. Where does the rim spokes ends? Yours ends at the inner side, away from the rims lips.

I posted similar pattern rims, The spokes ends at the outer side of the rims....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

I recently bump into this issue whereby when I enter a corner at 40kmh and above, I will feel a vibration. This happen only when I take a right corner. My drive shaft on left is a custom as I got my engine converter.

If I set my front camber to -1.5 and above, the I can feel the vibration even on the straight
If I set my front camber to as close to 0, I will only feel the vibration during left cornering
If I set my front camber to positive, no issue of vibration

Any1 of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience