0.4 bar for evo3 engine

Jan 22, 2007
Kota Kinabalu
err...i would like to know as lastime when i bought my evo3 halfcut...i can feel much smoother and stronger acceleration(more G pulling of power)...now after changing to 4g67 block using vr4 piston...when i accelerate i feel my car accelerate very heavy and not as smooth as lastime and now it can only do 0.4 bar of boost...y ahh?lastime can go 0.7bar....now only 0.4 bar....is this because of new rings for the piston makes it still ketat?(as my fren said need to run 5000km of mileage then can blast like crazy) or because of my clutch is slip or worn out?or im running only 3 pistons?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
running 3piston definately would semput...

why boost only 0.4???any boost leak at turbo-intercooler-BOV-intake pipe????

well..try running in first while checking for any boost leak...or boost controller fault??

Jan 22, 2007
Kota Kinabalu
dunno why its only running on 0.4bar....maybe bcos i already change new piston ring then it become like that?errr...when in idle also when i press the paddle to the max...the boost only show max 0.4bar....+ its feels heavy and not smooth to press the paddle...argg...lastime i can easely press the paddle and can go 0.8bar...i dont have any boost controller at the moment...still standard....eahhhrrrr,,,,,

thilaksharma

From Facebook
Sep 21, 2011
www.facebook.com
from ur previous postings, i seriously think u need a better mechanic, cos even ur mech dnt know what he is facing

we learn from mech, not mech learn from us bro :P

Jan 22, 2007
Kota Kinabalu
yeah..i do agreed bro thilaksharma....must be bad mech that make this all things sucks!!! huh....do i need to boost it up to 1bar and see how it goes?..do new piston ring effect performance as i feel that heavy acceleration..do i need to wait until 5000km then i can feel the acceleration might be more smoother as some said "new piston ring mahhh memang rasa keras skit larian" argggg....but yesterday i already push my car softly to 180km/h.....still happy coz aleast can go 180km/h....but im afraid to do hard and aggressive acceleration as most of us that got new piston ring need to do "running" untill 5k?

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
what fuel did you use??

ron 95 or ron 97???? try v-power racing fuel if see any differences

E6XLancer

Known Member
May 2, 2010
1 Malaysia
yeah..i do agreed bro thilaksharma....must be bad mech that make this all things sucks!!! huh....do i need to boost it up to 1bar and see how it goes?..do new piston ring effect performance as i feel that heavy acceleration..do i need to wait until 5000km then i can feel the acceleration might be more smoother as some said "new piston ring mahhh memang rasa keras skit larian" argggg....but yesterday i already push my car softly to 180km/h.....still happy coz aleast can go 180km/h....but im afraid to do hard and aggressive acceleration as most of us that got new piston ring need to do "running" untill 5k?
how long your distance to reach 180km/h...400m or 4km...whos your mech at KK...:driver:

Jan 22, 2007
Kota Kinabalu
180KM/h errr about 400m-500m....i send my car to this kampungan mech..then send to this place at sejaya autoparts(ithink change name already) at melvin...he help a lot when this mech kampungan do stupid things to my car...i haven't go to melvin's place and tell then about this thing yet......

Jan 22, 2007
Kota Kinabalu
ya ya...GP racing...hehehe...b4 this i send my car to this kampungan mech at kepayan....they do my 4g67 swaping....but after finish doin swaping....my car goin crazy...feels like plug kong...vibrate crazy like wanna die...the i send my car to GP racing....they do very well with my car..all settle...but i dont realize that im boosting 0.4 bar only...i only realize im boosting 0.4 when i test sprint my car....coz u know la they said cannot bwa car like carzy and accelerate kaw2 coz new piston ring...need to do 5k then can sprint kaw2.....i haven;t send my car to GP racing about this boosting problem.....

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
ron 97 wont limit boost, lol

i tot if engine knocking happens boost couldn't co up much coz turbo not getting enough exhaust gas flow???? :biggrin:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
no, boost will go up, its mechanically controlled. and 95 in evo is good, ive never used 97 in mine

Jan 22, 2007
Kota Kinabalu
Any comments for my low boosting after changing to 4g67 block?hehehe.....btw i've use ron 97...feels the sama as 95 hehehe

Jan 22, 2007
Kota Kinabalu
so do i need to check if there is any leaks and then install mechanical boost controller and boost it up t 1bar? or maybe the possibilities is that im using 4g67 block with vr4 piston makes it only 0.4?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
if everything in good order...i can only tought of boost leak at any piping/BOV line or the boost solenoid (stock/mod).....

other than that no idea.....

or maybe the workshop purposely limit then boost temporaryly????

:adore:

Jan 22, 2007
Kota Kinabalu
if everything in good order...i can only tought of boost leak at any piping/BOV line or the boost solenoid (stock/mod).....

other than that no idea.....

or maybe the workshop purposely limit then boost temporaryly????

:adore:

ok will try to check for any leak.....tq

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

NASIOC found a published article and images on the new and coming JDM Subaru Impreza WRX STi brochure. According to the brochure, the new STi will be available in 7 colors, comprises of a new color option, "STi Midnight Blue Pearl". Although the astonishing "STi Obshidian Black Pearl" is set to be the popular choice.

From the first...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience