advice on exhaust for Evo 8 MR

skyboy

500 RPM
hi guys,

I need some advice on changin my exhaust for 8 MR. I'm lookin for performance. currently im using HKS Hiper or drager not sure but its to loud. i want something is quieter than the HKS one but roars as i boost.

thanks

Re: advice on exhaust for 8 MR

i am satisfy with HKS Silent Hi-Power. not too loud, but still give sound as you go fast.....

Re: advice on exhaust for 8 MR

Thanks H22-C, just out of curiousity have you got pull over or stop by JPJ or the cops for that cat back.. coz mine does everytime

actually, i seldom drive the car, so i m not sure about JPJ & cops...

but i do not think so, because it is really not too loud.

P/S: i have custom made a straight pipe with original bolts and nuts to de-cat it. nice!

Do you have the model name something.... Wat car your using it on?

Hi,

Based on exhaust systems I've used so far (on Evo and other cars), this is what I can share with you:-

i) HKS Hi-Silent Power - Nice bassy sound at high revs.Can't hear much on start. Suitable for
daily use. Moderate power gain.

ii) Apexi N1 - Slightly louder than HKS Hi-Silent, bassy low revs and gradually increases with rev. Stopped by police once, they asked to ram the gas, I did, they let me go. Was running on stock cat at that moment. Not sure if any shops still carry these nowadays.

iii) Monster Ti - Like the name implies, noisy all the way, at static and at all speeds. Not recommended for daily use.

Hi JayDM, thanks for the details bro it was a good tip for my next exhaust change...
Lookin for silencer for my current exhaust hope any1 knows where i can find it

Hi Guys just wanna check with 8MR users.. is your rear glass are dark coz mine is dark glasss.. not sure if MR comes like that

skyboy,

My opinion, silencer not worth la coz it will produce weird sound (like tersumbat).
Better if you could find the HKS Silent Hi-Power & remove the catalic converter.
The sound very slow... good for me la...

Yup, the rear original glass is dark color... even for non-MR also the same.

my rear glass is not dark (evo8mr), i think similar to side window glass.

You should give TOMEI Expreme Ti for CT9A a try. Main advantages, light weight (11kg lighter compared to stock!!) and good looks!

Price MYR5k+ from mid section staight pipe and Ti muffler. Hassle free install. power gains from low rpm till redline. (off road use only la... so sound would be slightly noisy)

Use an exhaust dump valve or side plant ... hehehe ... no complains ... a small fraction of the price.. can use back your ori muffled exhaust .. open and close the valve as u want .. lolx ... but wouldn't suggest in town as it'll wake up the entire town and scare the living daylights on motorists ...

Use an exhaust dump valve or side plant ... hehehe ... no complains ... a small fraction of the price.. can use back your ori muffled exhaust .. open and close the valve as u want .. lolx ... but wouldn't suggest in town as it'll wake up the entire town and scare the living daylights on motorists ...

that's sound interesting , where can i get that or fix the valve bro...

Hi: Jonny ya planing to...

Guys I'm planing to change inter cooler piping to stainless steel , pls advice the size and measurement for custom piping. Thanks.

Top Bottom