Discussion On Your Daily Ride

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Now that makes sense. You should have mentioned the overall lighter weight earlier. You really went to weight the wheels and tyres before putting them on the car?
I brought a weighing scale when buying, just to make sure I don't buy a wrong one! :biggrin:

hahhaha....rich no lah but bro. ixeo say rich and SMART, so I will take that.......lol:biggrin:

Yours on GY Asy 2 also not bad mah! In fact Asy 3 only slight improvement over Asy2, as I could feel big difference from Asy to Asy 2 but not much for Asy2 to Asy 3.....:hmmmm:
Yeah, I'm pretty happy with mine, so far still pretty good performance despite old model.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I brought a weighing scale when buying, just to make sure I don't buy a wrong one! :biggrin:

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with mine, so far still pretty good performance despite old model.
Yalor, you hardcore, carry weighing scale along.....hhahhahahha:biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Uncle, I'm still waiting for your tyre suggestion for my car. :biggrin:
See if you can find Nexen N Blue HD Plus. Seems to have good review. Next choice try Achilles Platinum. This should be cheap. If not just use any known brands, they should be about the same as mostly in Eco, entry level category.....:driver:

However while searching found Toyo R888R have, but real over kill.....hhahahhahahahhahhha:biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
His is 14". Last time this size Yokohama C-Drive 2 is sure bet, but they stop production already. Now any higher performance tyres all start in 15".....lol:biggrin:
See if you can find Nexen N Blue HD Plus. Seems to have good review. Next choice try Achilles Platinum. This should be cheap. If not just use any known brands, they should be about the same as mostly in Eco, entry level category.....:driver:

However while searching found Toyo R888R have, but real over kill.....hhahahhahahahhahhha:biggrin:
14' no real good choice, all low end tires only! Maybe just Michelin XM2? Or the Yokohama Blue Earth got or not below 15'? Change rims la to 15, then can use 195/55/15 and have quite many choices of UHP tires. Wira PCD is same like Lancer CB 4x 114.3 isn't it?

Toyo R888R cannot use for daily, almost like slick so will easily slip in the wet!

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yalor, you hardcore, carry weighing scale along.....hhahhahahha:biggrin:
Well that's a good way to select rims and to detect if fake or not! Those people/shops who had sell rims to me, they all got surprised when I came with a weighing scale. :biggrin:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
14' no real good choice, all low end tires only! Maybe just Michelin XM2? Or the Yokohama Blue Earth got or not below 15'? Change rims la to 15, then can use 195/55/15 and have quite many choices of UHP tires. Wira PCD is same like Lancer CB 4x 114.3 isn't it?

Toyo R888R cannot use for daily, almost like slick so will easily slip in the wet!
If not mistaken i saw a viva with stock 14inch running on Michelin Pilot Preceda. What range is this tire?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If not mistaken i saw a viva with stock 14inch running on Michelin Pilot Preceda. What range is this tire?
Pilot Preceda?? It's UHP tires before the Pilot Sport series but that is very old tires! I used this tire over 10 yrs ago! Surprised if still got people using it. It should have expired a long time ago and should not be used anymore.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh

You sure scare off the seller by bringing the weighing scale. If I am the seller, I would be shocked at your determination on getting the weight right. :biggrin:

me too when get ssr wheels, weight first to surprise myself. :biggrin:
You got machine to weight even your own car. :biggrin:

What is your size?
185/60/14

His is 14". Last time this size Yokohama C-Drive 2 is sure bet, but they stop production already. Now any higher performance tyres all start in 15".....lol:biggrin:
Stop production but no direct replacement for that. 15 inch now I think some new models coming out also don't have it in 15.

R888, A050 and all these semi slick tyres seems to have size. I came across this new tyre from Yokohama recently. But I think not suitable? http://www.y-yokohama.com/product/tire/adavn_hf_typed/

How about BF Goodrich tyres? I think they have 14 inch.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Pilot Preceda?? It's UHP tires before the Pilot Sport series but that is very old tires! I used this tire over 10 yrs ago! Surprised if still got people using it. It should have expired a long time ago and should not be used anymore.
Wah..thats surprising.let me check again coz now i remember whose viva was that and update