Inspira any problems ????

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
No such runner fee imply........we are buying car from them, they must settle all things for us....other than jpj, puspakom, loan.....what else u need to do to buy a car?? Cheap doesn't mean good..leave it, before is too late...I have very bad impression on these second hand car seller....unless those reputable. They always do all those hanky panky things behind, and hide something behind, and problems come...they will tell u this is not include, that is not include..... And don't trust those that want to give u warranty...when u have problem, u go back to them, they will tell you, we are not include that, please fix it yourself, some even tell you if u have money, go to buy new car la.......
Yup, Warranty must read fine print. Even when I bought new car for my wife. Engine warranty 5 years, Car 3 years, then fine print will list out parts not covered, like battery is 1 year, then wear and tear parts and others.....:banghead:

frankenstein90

Oct 12, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
No such runner fee imply........we are buying car from them, they must settle all things for us....other than jpj, puspakom, loan.....what else u need to do to buy a car?? Cheap doesn't mean good..leave it, before is too late...I have very bad impression on these second hand car seller....unless those reputable. They always do all those hanky panky things behind, and hide something behind, and problems come...they will tell u this is not include, that is not include..... And don't trust those that want to give u warranty...when u have problem, u go back to them, they will tell you, we are not include that, please fix it yourself, some even tell you if u have money, go to buy new car la.......
so which mean we just pay the car price & find insurance ourself rite ? Actually i dont mind paying few hundred to them to handle all those change owner procedure/loan stuff etc... Because i am blur with all these procedure. Wth i went to 2 used car dealer ask regard this matter, one said 2.7k another one 3k. I thought this is normal procedure so i just believe them , luckily i ask all sifus here.. hahaha really appreciate all the replies.

Haha that inspira is subaru blue, u can find it in mudah/carlist. Tbh i really like that color & modification done to that car.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
1. This is a CVT gearbox. It's not normal to have such a violent jerk. My Sylphy has the same gearbox as the Inspira one and it's rough but not violent like how you described it.

2. Again this is a CVT GB. Don't do that. It's not designed to work like the traditional GB. Stop completely, foot on brake and release to N. The GB is smart enough to disengage the clutch if you're just cruising with zero throttle input. The only time I had that sort of jerkiness was when my spark plugs were dead.

4. That's your CVT oil overheating. Limp mode jumps in when the oil overheats. Doesn't your car have an ATF oil cooler? It shouldn't get that hot if it's a short spirited drive.

Gear Lubes generally have additives (that work for differentials) and sulphurs. However GL4 is more formulated for transmissions, GL5 used more in differentials. Just make sure whatever viscosity your user manual states. 75W90 then stick with 75W90. Using a thicker 80W90 may feel weird or heavy. GL4 will give you a more buttery feel compared to GL5.

These days modern gear oils have specialized friction modifiers in the oil, usually to cater for synchros so they shift better and last longer. A differential oil however will have additives that cater for the differential and even though the weight is the same, eg-75W90 the viscosity of the oil is different! All boils down to the additives. So just make sure you follow the manufacturers recommendation. GL4 then stick with GL4. GL5 then stick with GL5.

There's nothing wrong with mixing or swapping between the two, it won't kill your GB. Just that it's not the optimum oil. In your case, there's no need to swap out the oil unless you got shitloads of money and want to feel better, then go ahead and change. Otherwise just wait for the next oil change at 20k km and swap it out back to GL4 (if that's what your manufacturer manual says).
And also GL5 will eat away the Synchros(Made of Brass).

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
so which mean we just pay the car price & find insurance ourself rite ? Actually i dont mind paying few hundred to them to handle all those change owner procedure/loan stuff etc... Because i am blur with all these procedure. Wth i went to 2 used car dealer ask regard this matter, one said 2.7k another one 3k. I thought this is normal procedure so i just believe them , luckily i ask all sifus here.. hahaha really appreciate all the replies.

Haha that inspira is subaru blue, u can find it in mudah/carlist. Tbh i really like that color & modification done to that car.
Unless you buy cash then the car need to transfer to your name direct, then you need a runner if you do not want to do it. If you take loan from the bank, the bank need to claim ownership so the bank will do it.....

kevlee

Jan 16, 2010
Selangor/Penang

Go to somewhere else recommended by friends or other neighborhood to ask....or direct buy from owner less headache. Just need to find a runner to did all the procedure for u..or u could DIY and u will learn the procedure then. In fact it's not so complicated, is just we r lazy......

zack.my

Jul 10, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
so.. what gb oil for inspira manual?gl3 or gl4..
i look at user manual..but no mention..
so its true gl5 can make my gb fault or damage???
walaweiiiii..i using morethan 6k km already with gl5...
need to change tomoro..
any person can give me link to buy red line gl4 fullysyn?
hard to find at my area..serdang..putrajaya...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Ya i am aware of that too , why cannot test drive ... btw i got attracted to the car because already heavily modded & the price is quite cheap 51k .. The only thing is 83k mileage turn me off abit..

After that , i ask for all the procedure . 2.7k for runner to settle all those jpj /loan stuff etc.. zzz
Walk away...

1. This is a CVT gearbox. It's not normal to have such a violent jerk. My Sylphy has the same gearbox as the Inspira one and it's rough but not violent like how you described it.
it does? like, really? who made it? aisin?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
so.. what gb oil for inspira manual?gl3 or gl4..
i look at user manual..but no mention..
so its true gl5 can make my gb fault or damage???
walaweiiiii..i using morethan 6k km already with gl5...
need to change tomoro..
any person can give me link to buy red line gl4 fullysyn?
hard to find at my area..serdang..putrajaya...
From Wiki.....
GL-5 is not necessarily backward-compatible in synchro-mesh transmissions which are designed for a GL-4 oil: GL-5 has a lower coefficient of friction due to the higher concentration of EP additives over GL-4, and thus synchros can not engage as effectively. Also, transmissions which explicitly call for GL-4 oil may have been designed around this lower concentration of EP additives and thus may contain yellow metal parts which GL-5 will corrode

Redline dealers...
Autobags

kevlee

Jan 16, 2010
Selangor/Penang
Oct 15, 2014
Selangor
Hey guys, im about to get 2014 inspira 1.8M. Are there any issues that I should be aware of? Throughout the years (From 2010) did proton change anything in the inspira? Thanks in advance! =)

john_unai

Known Member
Aug 9, 2011
mtkb
Guys, can i use proton CVT oil for inspira 2.0? Will it affect or damage my transmission? The recommended oil is Mitsubishi Diaqueen CVT Fluid-J1. Thanks!

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hey guys, im about to get 2014 inspira 1.8M. Are there any issues that I should be aware of? Throughout the years (From 2010) did proton change anything in the inspira? Thanks in advance! =)
Any car that old will have wear and tear parts that'll need changing. Check mileage then only compare with the service manual on what you need to lookout for. Haven't heard of any serious issues with the Inspira so other than wear and tear parts, I think you'll be fine.

Long live manual!

Guys, can i use proton CVT oil for inspira 2.0? Will it affect or damage my transmission? The recommended oil is Mitsubishi Diaqueen CVT Fluid-J1. Thanks!
Check the Proton CVT oil specs and then only decide. Compare with the CVT Fluid-J1 and see if the Proton CVT oil supports that. If not don't use it. I'm not familiar with the oil specs, if I'm not mistaken Proton has 2 types of CVT oil, one to cater for the Inspira and another to cater for the new Iris. Not the same oil.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bro. BallerID post was in 2014......:biggrin:

CVT Fluid also so many type. confuse the consumers.....lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

okay lets see rite now im using a mirage wit 4g61t..jus say dat ive been keepin up sum money n i wan to mody..if u were me wat would u do??upgrade the 4g61t or would u jus swap engine wit 4g63t..i heard lots of people say ma engine bay is exactly a bit same wit vr4 n they say if i use vr4-rs it should b enough(the hp n weight to ratio)..but in the other tought i was thinking of upgrading the 4g61t(turbine,injector,pistons,flywheel,cams,ecu n those other stuff) but wat i dun no is if i...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience