1NZFE(T) BOT Metal HeadGasket Question

Wilson13B

Known Member
The 1NZFE(T) project is completed , running stock boost from a Garett AR48 turbo (suspect it might be from a S13 CA18 or SR20 turbo) at 0.68-0.82 spike on gear change (the car is a Vios 1.5 Auto)

Quite satisfied with the result , but there is a problem , after tuning even with a super rich AFR like 10-11 & retarded ignition timing , it would knock on high load condition eg.uphill / upshot on full throttle at high rpm ...

It need a thicker headgasket I bring down the compression ratio to a more suitable level for forced induction which might be around 8:5:1 to around atleast 9:5:1 , stock is at a sky high for conventional port injection forced induction lump at 10:5:1 .

Can anyone recommend any suitable metal head gasket for it , I try to look around for this but no joy .

Any advice are appreciated , thanks =)

try to search for custom head gasket maker around...

try to search around dy but cant find it ... i also doesn't know how to do the calculation for how much thickness i need to decompress it from 10.1 to around 8.1 to 9 CR ...

any advice are really appreciated ...

cannot install double?

Personally I don't think installing double gasket is a good idea as it may be prone to leak in between the gaskets:smokin:.

double normal gasket is more things ready to go wrong...but if done carefully for temporary usage atleast is usable....reliable?? who knows :confused:

try to search around dy but cant find it ... i also doesn't know how to do the calculation for how much thickness i need to decompress it from 10.1 to around 8.1 to 9 CR ...
any advice are really appreciated ...

i think my guess...would be around 1.5mm-2mm atleast....

Definitely wont be installing double headgasket , even in a low powered engine cause two piece of gasket stack together just won't seal properly & prove to leaking in between .

Done that before & gain the experience in a hard way on a EVO 7 4G63T , number 3 conrod bent because of hydro lock as coolant & oil seep pass between the two piece of stock MMC Metal Gasket , at at last rebuilt the whole engine & get a proper tomei one ,because of a singalingam mech & wanna to save few bucks in the end costing whole engine rebuilt ...

Thanks Pomen GTR for the suggestion , can recommend any reputable custom head gasket maker around klang valley area , am I need to bring a intact headgasket for my engine for them as measurement/template & any idea how much would this cost ?

Thanks again for the useful advice .

Last edited:
Definitely wont be installing double headgasket , even in a low powered engine cause two piece of gasket stack together just won't seal properly & prove to leaking in between .

Done that before & gain the experience in a hard way on a EVO 7 4G63T , number 3 conrod bent because of hydro lock as coolant & oil seep pass between the two piece of stock MMC Metal Gasket , at at last rebuilt the whole engine & get a proper tomei one ,because of a singalingam mech & wanna to save few bucks in the end costing whole engine rebuilt ...

Thanks Pomen GTR for the suggestion , can recommend any reputable custom head gasket maker around klang valley area , am I need to bring a intact headgasket for my engine for them as measurement/template & any idea how much would this cost ?

Thanks again for the useful advice .

Would you bother asking cometic how much they would charge for a custom gasket? On a side note, the AR48 is from a CA18 haha. S13 SR20 ones have AR80 housings haha. :biggrin:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom