ST 150 & AT 151 Corona

tekong77

Known Member
May 21, 2005
putrajaya
hai,

My car is For Sale.

Toyota Corona ST150 year 1986
Engine: 3S-GTE (transplanted 2003, registered with documents)
Transmission: 5 speed manual (using MR2 SW20 gearbox; E153)

HKS Power Flow (filter element 85% new)
NRG Boost Meter
Apex-i Pen Type Turbo Timer
Pivot Speed Meter
HKS Blow-Off Valve (cap ayam)
TIAL Wastegate ( cap ayam)
Fuel Pressure Meter
Silicon hose from turbine to intercooler

Pioneer Carrozerria Double Din Cd/Md Player
GT SPEC/HWL absorber adjustable hi-lo

16" LENSO Rim, with BARUM tyres (80% thread left)

The timing belt, belt tensioner and bearing have just been changed around 15,000km ago. Spark plugs also have been changed to Denso Irridium 8,000km ago.

Thats all I can think off right now as I havent remember what else was there. The engine is in good condition.

The only PROBLEM@ abandoned work at this car just aircond system. Problem related to compressor pulley got abnormal sound.

It could need some works coz got only some minor problem here and there. Who knows if you have money you can rebuilt it, good as a project car. As from the last time I drive it still kicked ass.

The car now is now at my hometown Pasir Mas, Kelantan

Price tag: RM 9000.00 nego

Of course cash buyer please.

As I am in Bintulu, Sarawak right now, any enquiries you can PM me here or email me at [email protected]

Or you can call my brother Annuar at 012-4516327 for a test drive & evaluation.

Forgot to mention it got a fuel surge tank & external pump installed on the rear boot, so there's no fuel delivery problem during cornering even at low fuel.

Attachments

corona_ice

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2006
sunway city
Re: AT 151 Headlights --- any other options?

Actually, the adjustment mechanic of my headlamps is out of order.
Beside thinking about taking them apart and try to fix this, I'm looking for other headlights, that would fit (more or less accurate. The more, the better).
Does anyone ever tried to change the headlights? Maybe to a more modern (brighter) version?
Thanks for your attention!
only 2 choices bro, the jdm spec or the local spec...

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
Changing to a newer type of headlight is not totally impossible but it will be a major mod job. I'm using the JDM headlights with upgraded halogen (90/100w) with no complaints.

I think it's time you visited the chop shops & get yrself a set of JDM light with decent reflectors, bro. Or maybe you can consider upgrading to HID bulbs; that is if it's not against the law in Thailand.

1 more option is to get a pair of new original headlights.

Oct 29, 2011
Manila
Hi Sifus, I am a st171 corona owner from the Philippines. I have been subscribed to this thread for quite some time now and I have learned a lot from you all :)

I have a question that I hope someone can answer - will the front disc brake assembly from a st202 SS II celica fit with the st171 with no / minor mods?

Here is the complete assembly - calipers,brake pads and dust brake cover, just not sure whether it is worth the upgrade since I don't believe it's twin pot

[/url][/IMG]

xMika

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
Selangor
I think your brake calipers are normal single pot for ST202 SS-I and SS-II .. the celica SS-III(3SGE redtop beams) variant comes with the twin pot and it is meant for superstrut suspension ... you need to modify the brake calipers to fit in the macpherson suspension .. and need some work on the knuckle as well ..

Oct 29, 2011
Manila
I think your brake calipers are normal single pot for ST202 SS-I and SS-II .. the celica SS-III(3SGE redtop beams) variant comes with the twin pot and it is meant for superstrut suspension ... you need to modify the brake calipers to fit in the macpherson suspension .. and need some work on the knuckle as well ..
Hmm that's what I thought. If the discs are bigger than the stock st171 discs, do you think it would still be a worthwhile upgrade? Or am I better off getting rear disc brakes to upgrade the stock drum brakes on the rear? I'm planning to swap my engine to a 3SGE or 3SGTE next year...

sof00

Apr 25, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
is it true that st150 aircon blower is not so strong too blow until back seat... ? and the cooling coil can be the problem if sometime not cold or some hot? anyone can help me... becoz at night only i can feel the aircon coldness... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Sep 28, 2011
Ukraine

Attachments

Last edited:

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
Beams blacktop...nice project there, N-Drey :)

corona_ice

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2006
sunway city
wow what a mighty project u took on! and to make it 4wd drive it think? well i can get all the parts that u need for ur car, but the cost of shipping is gonna be the biggest headache with all the customs clearance and all the other chargers including packaging...

Sep 28, 2011
Ukraine
welcome .. something withered topic ..:bawling:

Here I interestno .. how to know the number of the partners flashlight on the wing (which I circled in red circle)thank you ..

Attachments

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
Hi N Drey,

The "partners flashlight on the wing (which I circled in red circle)" comes with the JDM (Japan Domestic Market) spec fenders which I don't think is offered to models outside of Japan. You can try your luck at the chop shops for used ones imported from Japan.