WTA: Things to check while getting a 180sx

skyancient

Known Member
Mar 10, 2005
Hi guys, just wanna ask, what should i really take note on the car when i wanna buy a 180sx?? other than interior only :biggrin:

slide_it

Known Member
Oct 31, 2007
i would check engine health, chassis, and the cooling system (msia too hot!). the rest is pretty much secondary. old cars are bound to have some problems. that way u can get the owner to reduce the price :cool:

Last edited:

bee14ve

Sep 20, 2007
start engine and turn on air-cond..........
wats a question i dun kno reply sori

skyancient

Known Member
Mar 10, 2005
oh.. tats the cooling system u mean... AIR CON.. haha sorry didnt get the meaning earlier.. i tok is the engine cooling system ;)

slide_it

Known Member
Oct 31, 2007
air cond is part of it (a/c compressor, a/c filter). check for radiator leaks, thermo and clutch fan in working order.

for engine do a compression and leakdown test before purchase. turn on the engine and check for blue or white smoke from the exhaust. get it up on a hoist and check undercarriage and chassis. rust is normal but too much is worrying. list of things to check is actually very exhaustive. but these are one of the main things id check.

if all else fails and u dont know what else to check for, talk to her and ask how shes been doin.

gl

bee14ve

Sep 20, 2007
That real good...im not even keptable to this knowleadge.
Wish you can find a good buy car must be a S13/Silvia Nissan

skyancient

Known Member
Mar 10, 2005
ya... i found 1 180sx.. tats y i curious wat need 2 check... but one thing.. exhaust will blow out "blue" smoke?? wat tat means?? i know white is makan engine oil la.. but wat blue means??

slide_it

Known Member
Oct 31, 2007
blue smoke is an indicator of internal damage of the engine. usually indicates worn piston rings or valve seals. usually a compression and leakdown test will determine this. if compression is low, engine would need a rebuild.

just curious, is it a blue 180sx?

Deep$hi+$

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
KL
Visit site
I would suggest that you go to Kinokuniya. THere is this latest hyper-Rev for Nissan Silvia Vol. 8 magazine from Japan that show you what to check for
if you were to buy a second had car. I had a glance when my friend show me just now. P

slide_it

Known Member
Oct 31, 2007
skyancient : no its not mine. i just saw it in motortrader thats all. hope the ride is good! i know another 2 180sx for sale. one is setup for drift the other is a pretty good looking black 180.

deepshits: isnt hyperrev published in jap? i can only oogle at their cars and get jealous over the mods :(

skyancient

Known Member
Mar 10, 2005
slide it: which black 180sx u mean??? mind to share?? and how much he selling hehe :P

skyancient

Known Member
Mar 10, 2005
wao.. u seems like been noticing the market for silvia for quite some time d XD

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

CAR LOST!!!!my car with white color, brand new honda civic 2.0 (WTE930) with type-R rims had lost today morning in salak south garden. anyone see it around pls do contact with his number (0122700858). appreciate much.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience