WTA: Owning a Evo VIII

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Wo wo wo chill guys, E6 and E4 is epic in their own looks. I rather buy an E4 then plonk in the E6 TME engine :rofl::rofl::rofl:
The stuff you get in E6 is better than E4. At least there is brembo readily available in E6. For the electronics, I guess E6 is also more advanced.

Then but IV, why buy VI and change to IV.......that is what I mean......hhahhahahahhah:rofl:
VI more advanced ma.. But want to remain the look of IV.

Ke70 is a better chassis than Wira when it comes to modification. Wira needs to do additional braces just to increase rigidity and strength.
But stock KE70 rear leaf springs is inferior unless you change it. :biggrin:

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Might as well as get a Putra chassis ? Those i think are more tahan lasak, so far seeing people pushout 300 over hp from turbo 4G93T GSR or 4G63T in a Putra. But oversteering in that auto is very very scary.
Iirc i've heard putra or c99 snapping too on 4g93t. But yes. Definitely stronger than ordinary wilas.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Iirc i've heard putra or c99 snapping too on 4g93t. But yes. Definitely stronger than ordinary wilas.
Isn't that story from Izso? About some crazily modded 4G93 NA C99 Putra racing on Sepang. Downforce on cannards is so strong until the bumper is torn off. He said he saw cracks on the chassis.

Btw, it has been a while since you post anything here. :biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Isn't that story from Izso? About some crazily modded 4G93 NA C99 Putra racing on Sepang. Downforce on cannards is so strong until the bumper is torn off. He said he saw cracks on the chassis.

Btw, it has been a while since you post anything here. :biggrin:
metal fatigue is normal in older proton be it c99,c98 or even c97

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Putra and Satria GTI has very strong chassis for N/A application, turbocharged engines in these things, you need additional braces, spot wielding and these projects are not cheap. Either you let the Putra/Satria GTI stay N/A or do chassis strengthening. Especially at the subframe and mounting point.

metal fatigue is normal in older proton be it c99,c98 or even c97
Agree. I wonder how will E8 do in future, in terms of chassis rigidity. I am thinking of strengthening the chassis by injecting Autofoam into the hollow points of chassis to make it stronger. But don't know whether its the right application or not.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Agree. I wonder how will E8 do in future, in terms of chassis rigidity. I am thinking of strengthening the chassis by injecting Autofoam into the hollow points of chassis to make it stronger. But don't know whether its the right application or not.
yoyo.... i strongly do NOT recommend autofoam....

anyway 2 uses, (different foam) there is one which they use to seal up the holes in the chassis to dampen noise and insulate the cabin, theres another which they completely fill the car with and is really bloody strong.... had a go at trying to break some of the protruding tumors, its really light and really stiff

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
yoyo.... i strongly do NOT recommend autofoam....

anyway 2 uses, (different foam) there is one which they use to seal up the holes in the chassis to dampen noise and insulate the cabin, theres another which they completely fill the car with and is really bloody strong.... had a go at trying to break some of the protruding tumors, its really light and really stiff
Er if its really light and stiff, isn't it is a good thing? We all try to strengthen our car's chassis without adding too much. Please educate me why you don't recommend it ?

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Isn't it actually illegal according to jpj?
Not that i know of. But if its illegal, why it is able to sell in Malaysia ? I know our country's laws are joke but its still has its limits.

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Not that i know of. But if its illegal, why it is able to sell in Malaysia ? I know our country's laws are joke but its still has its limits.
Iirc it is illegal to tamper with the stiffness of the chassis permanently. Isn't it? And I don't think you can remove foam. I might be wrong though.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Iirc it is illegal to tamper with the stiffness of the chassis permanently. Isn't it? And I don't think you can remove foam. I might be wrong though.
As far as i know, adding roll cage on street cars are very illegal, but if injecting Autofoam into the chassis, might not be an issue because physically you can't really see them? We can make up reason like we needed more sound proof.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
its not cheap..... its not removable (i can attest to this)
as far as legality goes im not certain (mine has been filled by the previous owner)

be warned,
1)again depending on the design of the car, some wiring might get 'buried' in the foam.... and its a horrible job is the wire putus in there....
- now this i had to do, one of the door switches was not working when i got the car, and i thought, yeah a simple job wonder why the previous owner never got around to doing it..... its cause the damned wire snapped in the middle.... had to keep trying over and over to get the wire through the foam, managed in the end but wow was not fun
2)it can takung air (depending on the design of the car), some of the drainage pipes might get blocked and its no fun drying it all out and dealing with it. I'm not sure if it actually soaks water? but i really hope not...
-i have heard of one guy who did this on a prelude with a sunroof, he had one issue... the drainage pipe for the sunroof goes down the pillar and out at the bottom somewhere.... yeah his got blocked somewhere and the car started leaking.... on the roof and then later by the passenger's feet, i remember him troubleshooting for months looking for a leak, until he found that basically the sunroof drainage had been blocked... dont know if he actually solved it....
-maybe i should manually plug all the lobangs and pour oil into the sills... (should work i guess since ppl have been doing this to deal with rust just in case mine masuk air, mine had lots of 'ruang' in it near the top)

vr2 you know the boss?? haha maybe mine was done by him

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Many of my friends did autofoam already but have not heard of issues like yours before. Also there are a few foam around now. The one I know is Autofoam from KL Auto. I have seem their foaming done, pillars are all done inside and underneath only the main structure beam is foamed so not sure why got water blockage?
But agree with you that it is not reversible....Once in cannot take out

Last edited: