Who drives a EJ0/9 converted Manual?

^Dreamerz^

1,500 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
KL,AmPang..
Visit site
wish to know who converted their civic EJ0/9 to manual transmission...
i did, n facing some problem..
hope experience people can gif some tips :_:
thanks

^Dreamerz^

1,500 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
KL,AmPang..
Visit site
very bad problem...
after my conversion, my car idling is going nuts... but there isn't anything to be done re-tune back to normal.. I call this the "gila-gila rpm problem"

symptom:
  • when i start my car in the morning [or first time in a day], the idling sometimes settle in a too low rpm until the air-cond compressor goes on off on off n so on! engine will die too~
  • after a while of warming up, during driving, my car engine will die when the clutch is stepped.
  • car jerks as i minimize the usage of clutch, although using proper gear at proper speed level.. for eg. at 1st gear, it feels like using 3-4 gear power to generate speed, vice versa [i hope u all get wat i mean]
  • obviously, this conclude clutch balancing when driving to be superbly difficult..
solution tried by my mech: [3days 3night at workshop]
  • service -> change throttle body
  • change ECU
  • test drive wif tuning machine [shows normal]
  • adjusting the valve to high or low [neither of it helps]
  • inspect wiring system that was modify, as last time my fren EJ9 convert using this gearbox n wif the same mod done, he face no problem
  • LASTEST solution: modification done on wiring to differ from basic operating system [not so sure, but mainly i guess is the air-cond sys running differently, not affecting rpm to much] STILL DOESN'T HELP!
my mech's final solution [worst come to worst]: not done yet
  • change to 98' wiring system :emoticon_U:
  • B16A halfcut?! not way, no budget for conversion yet!
one of my fren's review:
Clutch catching not proper at every level, it catches n later it doesn't... also prove the difficulty for balancing the clutch..

anyone out there wif such experience or have any idea that u might wanna share wif me?? any idea wat can bring such effect to my engine?
maybe gif me a list of wat should i look for now, bcuz i'm totally cracking head trying to think wats the problem :emoticon_U:
can it be the installation of the gearbox?
can it be wiring?
wat else, if u can think of pls guide me through!!
thankssssssssssss alooottt!!!

^Dreamerz^

1,500 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
KL,AmPang..
Visit site
wat to do... very annoying to drive the car now..
with the mod done at latest solution by my mech, my engine will die off whenever engine is cold if i don't throttle, for like 5 minutes + i have to hold the throttle..
so sick!

patrickchong

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
full overhaul. lol..... depends on the detail, from my opinion, more than 50% is from tat gear box, try check tat, or drive shaft, mayb some bearing is spoiled?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Our memory cards are still full from all the shots from that day so bear with us while we put this out in batches. As soon as we're done working on the coverage, work will commence on making Round 3 a more unique event. So while we work on that and everything else, why don't you share your shots with us to be posted here? Send your shots to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience