What r u guys' opinion on Engine Flushing, Decarbonizing, etc ?

martinchan

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
Ipoh
engine flushing...eerr.. i done it every 10.000km.
fuel saver and more powerful. go a head for that.

arcurad

Jan 19, 2006
If for me i would prefer Flushing my engine instead cuz its more effective i think :Not_Impressed:

minikar

Known Member
Jun 24, 2005
Cyberjaya
Correct me if I am wrong.

Decarbonizing - cleaning the combustion chamber >upper engine. Some says carbon cleaning.

Flushing - cleaning lower engine where your engine oil is.

Another one would be manifold and injector cleaning.

punktuichea

500 RPM
Apr 17, 2006
decarbonizing is clean all the carbon inside ur angine related to the combustion.
is so good for doing that, i highly recommand to clean it.
this can maintain ur engine to tip top condition.
it's prevent clog/slow respone or low power hapen to ur car.
can do every 20k km,since the price oso not so cheap.
and the engine flushing is use to flush out all the sticky dirt from ur engine.
but the disadvantage is wil wear ur engine cylinder and piston ring ezly if do it so often.
i wil do it every 50k km.
dun so often to flush ur engine, it wil cause pressure leak in cumbustion chamber.
and wil damage oso the moving parts inside ur engine slowly if flush engine so often.

minikar

Known Member
Jun 24, 2005
Cyberjaya
Many believe is a NO to flush oil engine, I agree to that as most of the part are so loose and you might lost more compression and more loose part.

'light flushing' can be done by using the same viscosity DIESEL's car engine oil for a short while for extra cleaning.

minikar

Known Member
Jun 24, 2005
Cyberjaya
It depends. Generally, considering an 8 year-old engine that clocked 200k should has suffered considerable wear and tear.

If you never flush your engine before and been using mineral/ semi-syn all this long, I suggest is not a good time to start flushing or changing to synthetic oil.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
can flush but dun use flushing chemicals.

use lighter grade engine oil to flush it....so it wont harm internal parts...

or u can use diesel engine's engine oil coz the detergant effect in diesel engine oil is better than gasoline engine oil.....

ylkien

Known Member
May 17, 2005
KL/PJ
Well, here is my opinion :

1) Flushing
Previously, I used to flush my engine every alternate oil change. But after that, i read on a site, that flushing was the "old" way, as engine oils nowadays can work properly w/o flushing. Ability of the engine oil is determined by how much "soot" it can hold. When flushing, it might spoil piston rings, as it "strips" the oil off.

2) De-carbon'ising
Haven't tried it before, as I don't know how this product actually works. Saw pictures of cars having this done. There was a lot of white smoke coming out.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
ylkien said:
De-carbon'ising
Haven't tried it before, as I don't know how this product actually works. Saw pictures of cars having this done. There was a lot of white smoke coming out.
its a chemical.....suck into vacuum hose so it can reach combustion chamber...to clean the carbon deposit inside....can pm me if u wanna know more:_:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Good day again,

ahh.. christmas is just around the corner and i have been detailing so much lately. i've hurt my back since a month ago, yeap.. been squatting alot to work on door panel/rims too much. guess i really need a holiday soon, to take a break and of course spend time with my loved ones. detailing takes alot of prep work to make it to perfection, so many steps that you need to do to just prep the surface and of course the amount of effort and time you put. passion will lead me...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience